• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Surly Hell

tsmckenney

Mick
From the can: Finally, a Surly beer my German mother will drink! She says this one tastes like a bier from back home. Not unlike a Zwickel Bier from Germany, Hell is not filtered and fermented with lager yeast. American hops take a back seat to the Pils malt sweetness and fresh bread aroma. The color is well... hell (Deutsch for light). It's fiendishly drinkable. And you don't have to sell your soul to get another. Omar Ansari - Founder.

surly.jpg

Ok, just a couple notes on this beer. It was light, it was sweet and bready, and it was a lager after all. So, if anyone ever doubted that genius brewmaster Todd Haug couldn't provide us with anything besides the nation's best IPA, and one of the best Imperials; well, they were wrong. This guy simply knows what he's doing. The only thing about this beer is that it is selling for the same price as their hop-heavy ales. It's hard for me to pay that much for any light beer. On the other hand, if you're in the mood for a killer lager, this is it.

Autumn Beer Fest and Surly Fest are just around the corner for us Twin Citians. That means a shot at Tea-bagged Furious: the best beer ever made. :)

Please don't tell me you drank it out of the can! Anywho...not a favorite style of mine, but I can't believe it's so expensive!

Glad you enjoyed it, but at those kind of prices I'd be looking elsewhere. Do you get Victory out there because I just saw St. Boisterous in bottles recently. Smuttynose also makes a powerhouse of a Maibock.

P.S. I just looked it up on BA, it's technically not a Helles apparently...it's a Keller Bier.

Interesting. I hope this makes it up here so I can try some. I'll have to call the local tomorrow and see if they got any (truck comes on Friday).

The two guys I know that tried it earlier this week had quite different opinions. One agreed with you that it was very good and the other said it didn't have enough flavor. They had it on tap.

I'm trying to work out coming down for the Autumn Brew Fest. I'll let you know.

Autumn Beer Fest and Surly Fest are just around the corner for us Twin Citians. That means a shot at Tea-bagged Furious: the best beer ever made. :)

Damn you Mick and your bitchin' location!!! :D

Glad you enjoyed it, but at those kind of prices I'd be looking elsewhere. Do you get Victory out there because I just saw St. Boisterous in bottles recently. Smuttynose also makes a powerhouse of a Maibock.

Yeah, we get some of their stuff. I tried HopDevil and thought that was lacking, big time. As for the other stuff... I'm a terrible hop-head, man. Every time I go to the fridge, I'm always reaching for Furious, Two Hearted, HopSlam, Red's Rye... So, I could literally have all the best German beers in the world and never drink them. I do enjoy some Belgians though. Whatev.

Do you have tickets, or a way to get them? It sold out a long while back. Let me know. That is going to be a blast.

Check out the list of participating breweries: http://www.mncraftbrew.org/abr_breweries

Ridiculous :laugh:

Yeah, we get some of their stuff. I tried HopDevil and thought that was lacking, big time. As for the other stuff... I'm a terrible hop-head, man. Every time I go to the fridge, I'm always reaching for Furious, Two Hearted, HopSlam, Red's Rye... So, I could literally have all the best German beers in the world and never drink them. I do enjoy some Belgians though. Whatev.

Do you have tickets, or a way to get them? It sold out a long while back. Let me know. That is going to be a blast.
Yeah, I've got a couple of acquaintances down there that have extra tickets and they've been offered. I just need to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with TheKids(c) as TheWife(c) will be out of town on business that weekend.

Yeah, I've got a couple of acquaintances down there that have extra tickets and they've been offered. I just need to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with TheKids(c) as TheWife(c) will be out of town on business that weekend.

Give them to TheNeighbors (c).

jk

Get there man, get there!!!!!