• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taking liquor onto an airplane....

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
I know a few years ago you could take it on if it were still factory sealed, is it still allowable? I've got a trip planned and have to fly and I'd prefer to take my own liquor with me. :thumbs: Any recent info would be much appreciated. Shooter may know better than most what options I have. Shane?!?!?! :whistling:

Floyd T. :sign:

I know a few years ago you could take it on if it were still factory sealed, is it still allowable? I've got a trip planned and have to fly and I'd prefer to take my own liquor with me. :thumbs: Any recent info would be much appreciated. Shooter may know better than most what options I have. Shane?!?!?! :whistling:

Floyd T. :sign:

Nothing, I mean nothing......over 3 oz. Best to send it in checked baggage.

Sorry

I think baby formula is the only carry on liquid now, and if I'm not mistaken, you have to crack it open and have a taste in front of security.

Toothpaste and mouthwash is allowed in travel size quantites and must be in a clear ziplock baggie for inspection.

Carry your liquor on the inside ;) and you'll be fine!

So judging by these responses, you can check it? Is there a limit on how much?

Carry your liquor on the inside ;) and you'll be fine!
You can still purchase liquor at duty free shops inside the airport if you are traveling overseas ... but if it is your personal stash that you would like to enjoy once you have landed, definitely check it.

Checked baggage, just flew Friday with 5 bottles of wine my baggage.....no probs, was even checked by the TSA, just be careful of the weight....

-D

Checked baggage, just flew Friday with 5 bottles of wine my baggage.....no probs, was even checked by the TSA, just be careful of the weight....

-D

Dan,

You're a brave man. What did you pack them in? Bubble wrap or what. I may just mail mine out to Wyoming with my torch lighters and butane. I'd hate to be at teh Rim Rock Ranch w/o my stogies, Woodford/Bookers and my torch!!!! I may have to kill somebody! :whistling:

Thanks for the input, folks.

Floyd T.

Last summer I flew back from Cancun with 5 bottles of tequila in my luggage... No problems... They had it posted everywhere that you could only bring back two. I succeeded without any hitches at all!

On the times I have had to fly commercial, I've checked it in my bags, volumes of it, and never had any problems (almost always coming back into in the US...I rarely bring it with me traveling state to state or from the US to somewhere abroad). These days, try to carry it on and it will definitely get confiscated.

Also, depending on where my travels lead, I've often shipped back (to my home) alcohol using a UPS account I have. Other than that, I just buy it whereever I go, if I don't have enough stockpiled (rarely the case).

-D

Dan,

You're a brave man. What did you pack them in? Bubble wrap or what. I may just mail mine out to Wyoming with my torch lighters and butane. I'd hate to be at teh Rim Rock Ranch w/o my stogies, Woodford/Bookers and my torch!!!! I may have to kill somebody! :whistling:

Thanks for the input, folks.

Floyd T.

My wife and I fly back from the UK all the time with wine bottles packed in our clothes. We figure if something breaks, it's going to leak anyways.

On the times I have had to fly commercial, I've checked it in my bags, volumes of it, and never had any problems (almost always coming back into in the US...I rarely bring it with me traveling state to state or from the US to somewhere abroad). These days, try to carry it on and it will definitely get confiscated.

Also, depending on where my travels lead, I've often shipped back (to my home) alcohol using a UPS account I have. Other than that, I just buy it whereever I go, if I don't have enough stockpiled (rarely the case).

LOL..i had to reply to this quote... "If I don't have enough stockpiled(rarely the case)...i would love to be you sir!! LOL

Hugs

Melly