• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Gran Cojonu

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Oh what a treat I have today; a huge Tatuaje Gran Cojonu that is menacing and beautiful all at the same time. The Nicaraguan Corojo ’99 wrapper is very dark, oily and covers up the large foot. The cigar is quite hefty in the hand; did I say it was huge? :laugh: It’s firm when squeezed and using the largest ring on my Swiss Army punch knife, I cut out a perfect circle that looks too small in the mammoth cap. The draw has a perfect resistance, and I can already taste the spice on my lips, oh boy oh boy!

I torch the covered foot and the cigar comes to life shortly after, huge amounts of smoke coming from the embers. I take a couple puffs and a slow, short draw and get black pepper spice hitting the back of the throat with the smoke a good medium in body. Flavors are that of sweet, dark cocoa, vanilla, and good roasted nuts with a nice woodiness.

A medium to light gray ash is forming from the perfect burn and smoke flowing well in the perfect draw. Flavors are rich and delicious with the black pepper spice beginning to mellow a bit after getting about three-quarters of an inch in. Along with the tastes previously described, there’s really good charred woodnotes coming through as well. The finish is excellent upon exhale, however so far, rather short on the palate.

Halfway and on, the burn got a little to the side requiring a couple of touch up torches, however the ash held strong. The smoke continues to be a good medium to almost full strength with peppery spice coming through on the back of the tongue and throat. Flavors have been quite consistent throughout with sweet vanilla, cocoa and woodnotes. Towards the end, the finish became much more lasting and wonderfully delicious on the palate.

This was true Tatuaje at its finest with lots of good spiciness and rich, delicious flavors. The cigar was strong, but not too strong to be overpowering, hitting my palate just right. With a good burn, delicious flavors, and nice finish on the palate, this was an excellent cigar for a beautiful, lazy Saturday afternoon. Thanks so much Charles for the opportunity to sample such a fine cigar.

08-22-09TatGranCojonu001.jpg

08-22-09TatGranCojonu002.jpg

DSC09777.jpg

DSC09779.jpg

DSC09780.jpg

DSC09781.jpg

08-22-09TatGranCojonu004.jpg

08-22-09TatGranCojonu003.jpg

Sweet Jesus, you nubbed it! :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed it Greg, I actually haven't had one of these myself and was curious to see what you thought of it. Being a Tat whore, I need to go get one and see how my notes compare! :D

Excellent review, and outstanding pictures, that thing looks gargantuan in your hands, LOL!

What a beast of a smoke. I think that would have put me down. Great review. I bet that took a while to smoke.