• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Recommendation

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
So far, I've smoked a handful of different Tatuajes and my favorite so far has been the Especiale. I thought I remembered reading something to the effect that these are more on the medium flavored side. Whatever they are, I really liked the flavor profile of this particular smoke.

My question is, of the other sizes and lines, are there any that are close to the Especiale? I'm thinking about picking up a box, but I was curious if there was something in a smaller vitola. I think I'd rather have a box of a smaller size on hand and maybe a fiver or two of Especiales.

Thanks.

Edited to fix my stupid typo of "vitola" (thanks Jeff)

The Especiale is a nice smoke at the right time. For a smaller VITOLA try the Noellas or even the Regios, similar profiles. Lately I've been smoking more than a few Guapo JRs and even purchased a box a few months back. Nice quicker smoke for the lunch break or after a way too long day, but you need a cigar kinda day.

Cojonu 2003 is one of my favs, but then again most tats are pretty good.

There are so many to sample, if I were you I would not buy a box before sampling most of them.

Brian

The Noellas are a great stick. I find for me they are a perfect size and you can find a box around $160.

There are so many to sample, if I were you I would not buy a box before sampling most of them.

Brian

Thanks, Brian -- you are probably correct. I was hoping that I could take a shortcut by tapping into the collective wisdom here. But, in the end I probably owe it to my wallet and tastebuds to to sample more individual smokes in the line... Not to say I won't be buying a box of Especiales, though.

Thanks again.

The Angeles are one of my favorite tatuaje smokes and are a smaller vitola.

All of them are smoke worthy.

I haven't had a bad Tat yet.

Pete is to be taken with a large grain of salt however, be that as it may... you won't go wrong trying out the Tatuaje brand.

I'm a big fan of the Havana VI line. The Aristas (torpedo) is my favorite but the Angeles is a great smoke as well and a smaller size.

I really enjoy the J21 Reserva and Grand Cojonu 2003, the Robusto size, are amazing smokes.

Definitely folow Infinity's advice.
A number of websites offer reasonably priced samplers
Much like Padron, haven't had a bad one yet.
The Especiales are among the finest. I like Tainos, Cojonu 2006, J21 and noellas though the first 3 may be bigger rings than you're presently seeking. The SW's are a great early in the day smoke and the angeles are fine cigars as well.

My understanding is the Cazadores are wet packed in foil. What is the deal on how long to keep in the foil, before opening and enjoying? I've had some that were just phenomenal, and wondered if it was because they spent more time maturing. Hmmm. Maybe time to get a box.
I also agree with Brian. This is the one aspect of the brown labels that I really love. They were never intended to all taste the same. Makes for wonderful variety. I don't really have a favorite. Although the whole line is probably my favorite.

If you haven't smoked an RC-184, you might consider getting a few. They can be remarkable.

edit for spelling and to add.

I'm a huge fan of both the Nobles (red band) and the Regios (brown band). Also the J21 is superb but on the pricier side.

I just recently bought a box of Cazadores, and I was wondering the same question. I was thinking at least a year, that is if I can hold myself off from not raiding it.
My understanding is the Cazadores are wet packed in foil. What is the deal on how long to keep in the foil, before opening and enjoying? I've had some that were just phenomenal, and wondered if it was because they spent more time maturing. Hmmm. Maybe time to get a box.
I also agree with Brian. This is the one aspect of the brown labels that I really love. They were never intended to all taste the same. Makes for wonderful variety. I don't really have a favorite. Although the whole line is probably my favorite.

If you haven't smoked an RC-184, you might consider getting a few. They can be remarkable.

edit for spelling and to add.

My fave is the Havana VI Aristas. It has a great taste that I only get with Tats and Pepin sticks...

I know that Silo Cigars has a good sampler that I got around Christmas last year...

Smoked a Victorias tonight and Angeles last night. Angeles is one of my favorites.