• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thank you

PaulTra

I'm so bad I should be in detention!
As some of you know I live in South Louisiana and was directly impacted by Hurricane Ida. My parents and I decided to head to Houston to avoid the storm. I just wanted to make a quick thread thanking everyone who has texted or messaged me through the last few days asking if I was ok and if there was anything they could do to help. When people call this place a family it isn't just a saying. It's a true statement. I've heard from so many of you guys and I appreciate all of you.

I don't know how you guys that live in hurricane country do it. Hope you get to go home soon and the damage is minimal. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

Says the guy who is disappointed when there's only 93 feet of snow over the winter...
True, but in 40+ years of living in the snow, I've never had to evacuate or had more than minimal damage caused by it. I suppose there's a big part of it that's what you're accustomed to.

True, but in 40+ years of living in the snow, I've never had to evacuate or had more than minimal damage caused by it. I suppose there's a big part of it that's what you're accustomed to.

Thankfully it isn't always this bad. This is the first time I ever had damage to my home. I got lucky with Katrina and didn't get any damage. If I lived in the New Orleans that would have obviously been a different story.

Thankfully it isn't always this bad. This is the first time I ever had damage to my home. I got lucky with Katrina and didn't get any damage. If I lived in the New Orleans that would have obviously been a different story.
Ahh, I always assume if you live in Louisiana, it's in the NO area, which I know is a very inaccurate assumption! 😂

Seems like there's a serious hurricane there every year now.

Ahh, I always assume if you live in Louisiana, it's in the NO area, which I know is a very inaccurate assumption! 😂

Seems like there's a serious hurricane there every year now.

Yea New Orleans is so flood prone that even a tropical storm can bang it up. With the city being shaped like a bowl and having flood pumps older than Moses it doesn't equal a positive outcome.

I will say that the floodgates and levees did a great job at holding back a lot of water this time.

Yea New Orleans is so flood prone that even a tropical storm can bang it up. With the city being shaped like a bowl and having flood pumps older than Moses it doesn't equal a positive outcome.

I will say that the floodgates and levees did a great job at holding back a lot of water this time.
That's what it sounds like. Have a couple non-CP cigar buddies that live down there and they were saying this storm was actually more powerful than Karina.

That's what it sounds like. Have a couple non-CP cigar buddies that live down there and they were saying this storm was actually more powerful than Karina.

Katrina was more rain and water based. Once the levees failed it was game over. Ida was way more wind based with winds hitting 150+ mph. That's why you see a lot of roof and houses blown over. Either way sucks 😂

Katrina was more rain and water based. Once the levees failed it was game over. Ida was way more wind based with winds hitting 150+ mph. That's why you see a lot of roof and houses blown over. Either way sucks 😂
Yeah, for sure! Hope everything ends up relatively uneventful for you, but I'll take my forest fires and snow, thanks! 😂