• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thats not Mold....Its PLOOM!

Nashkicker

Kick Ass Duke
Just stopped in to the local B&M to pick up a handfull of Illusione 68's. I visit often to have a smoke but had not purchased anything from them in a while. As soon as I walked into the Humidor I could feel the moisture saoking into my clothes and skin. I spotted the Illusiones right away but decided to have a look around...and BOOM Padron 45th with a huge greenishwhite spot near the foot! I new right away that this was going to be a disaster I looked at the next shelf and WHAM 2 partial boxes of Tatuaje (white and red labels of some sort). I go back to where the Illusiones are kept and look around at the different sizes they have in stock and KAPOW the 68's are moldy along with the 2's and some various Epernay's. I grab one of the employees and show him the 68's (since thats what i wanted). He grabs one and sais" Thats not mold its actually ploom. And its a sign that the cigar is doing well!" He then wiped it off and said "See no spot. If it was mold it would have left a spot. At least thats what they taught me at cigar university" At this point I am totally shocked I told him that There was no way you could call the spots all over the cigars ploom. He wasnt having any of it so I let it go and walked out. About 15 minutes later I called the Flagship store in Albany and voiced my concerns to the manager in that store(who I know from before the new shop opened). He sounded concerned, thanked me for letting him know and told me he would address it right away. Hopefully they can get the latest outbreak of "Ploom" under control and maybe I will be comfortable buying from them in the future.

Take photo's and let Pete know.

He's know how to micromanage! :thumbs:

If I'm thinking of the right store, the manager's name is Zack. I know him personally and he's VERY knowledgable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him in the future.