• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Dark Knight

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Anyone make a midnight show? I had some friends call me up and when, and it was the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Ledger was excellent, and truely twisted... If you like Batman just a tiny bit, you will love this movie.

I heard the same. Plan on watching the last show tonight after a night out. Heard Ledger was amazing.

OH YEAH BABY, SAW IT AT MIDNIGHT!!! :thumbs:

True Batman fans will appreciate many MANY little things about the Joker's performance...

This ain't your Momma's Cesar Romero's "Joker," and there are definitely no occurrences of the "Batusi" in this film. This particular Joker interpretation was inspired by the comic, "The Killing Joke" where the Joker tortures and paralyzes Barbara Gordon (AKA Batgirl) as a prank, so it is DARK indeed...

Jack Nicholson, eat your damn heart out...

TWO THUMBS WAY UP!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Jack Nicholson, eat your damn heart out...

There is a small little tribute to him, but yeah, I agree 125% with what Souldog said. I know they will make a third... but I can't see how they will top this movie. It's number 4 on IMDB.com!

Defiitely a must see on the big screen. I avoided the midnight showing due to the costumed idiots who like to be at those events around here. There was a pic in the morning paper of a brother and sister both lamely dressed as the Joker...and they sure didn't look like Heath Ledger's portrayal! From what I understand there were more than a few Batmen in the audience as well.

This may be the first movie I venture to the theater to see this year. I'll probably wait a week or two, though, to avoid the crowds. I'm a Batman fan (he's #2 on my favorite comic character list), so this looks to be right up my alley. I enjoyed Batman Begins quite a bit.

I'm not a fan of Nicholson's portrayal of Joker. It was too much cartoon Jack and not enough psycho Jack.

Defiitely a must see on the big screen. I avoided the midnight showing due to the costumed idiots who like to be at those events around here. There was a pic in the morning paper of a brother and sister both lamely dressed as the Joker...and they sure didn't look like Heath Ledger's portrayal! From what I understand there were more than a few Batmen in the audience as well.

Yes...I saw a few of them at the midnight showing as well, but alas, I pass no judgement on those costumed freaks, as I showed up with my Bat-Symbol underroos on my head!! :sign:

Jk...and you can't PROVE IT!! :p :laugh:

PS- Alan, DEFINITELY go see it, and if you don't like it, I'll pay your ticket fee!! :D Joker DEFINITELY is protrayed as he should have been...very reminiscent of some scumbags I've seen running around these parts. Gave me chills.

Well, the GOOD thing about midnight screenings is that everyone is there for the movie. The ones I have been to were crowded, but the best movie crowd I could ask for.

Didn't make the midnight last night, but we may make a showing tonight. I've read that this is indeed a dark movie.

I'm not a fan of Nicholson's portrayal of Joker. It was too much cartoon Jack and not enough psycho Jack.

(I'm about to show my age...) "Batman" came out when I was a young pup and I remember going to see it with my Dad and cousins. I will always enjoy, mainly because of that, but I do agree that it is a little too "cartoon-y" for the Joker. You will be pleased with this version. I thought maybe the "hype" was over Ledger's untimely passing, but the critics were right.

Besides, if you think there are "freaks" at the Batman show, you should go see a Midnight Harry Potter. There are more kids and teenagers dressed up for that than anything I've ever seen in a theater.

I saw it as well. I had been going back and forth on whether I expected this movie to be really good or mediocre. I liked Batman Begins a lot, so I hoped this one would be as good. But the studio really had the hype machine in high gear, and I usually don't like the movies that are so hyped up that much. Well, there's no need to worry, this was a great movie. But it's dark, as in don't take pre-teen children to it. Seriously. I don't know what it is, but comic book movies over the last 5-10 years just keep getting better and better (with some exceptions, of course). This is definitely the best new movie I've seen in a long time, at least a couple of years. Everyone should see it.

Can't wait to see this one as well, I'll hopefully get there sometime next week.

Besides, if you think there are "freaks" at the Batman show, you should go see a Midnight Harry Potter. There are more kids and teenagers dressed up for that than anything I've ever seen in a theater.

Nothing beats Star Wars IMHO. When they re-released the original movies back in the late nineties, the midnight showings were absolutely crazy. A buddy and I went to see Empire at midnight, and there were so many people dressed up as characters that they were able to have large light saber duels in the front of the big screen. It provided some amusing pre-show entertainment. Unfortunately, that was also the same night they had projector problems and a good chunk of the 1st 20 minutes was all garbled and screwed up. Riots almost broke out! :sign:

Unfortunately, that was also the same night they had projector problems and a good chunk of the 1st 20 minutes was all garbled and screwed up. Riots almost broke out!

Yeah I'd be pitching a fit myself. ;)

Anyone make a midnight show? I had some friends call me up and when, and it was the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Ledger was excellent, and truely twisted... If you like Batman just a tiny bit, you will love this movie.

It was straight up BAD ASS, loved it!!! Ledger was fantastic and its a real shame what happened. He could have added so much to sequels.

The weekend pull should be HUGE! My local theater has 23 show times!! I've never seen that many showings and it has pushed many of the newer movies to just one or two show times. Crazy!

Bought tix online for a 7:00 showing tonight with a bunch of buddies... If it lives up to the insane hype we've been putting on it, some quality smokes will most likely follow.

Some buddies and I are going at 9pm CST! :thumbs: Y'all have me wound up like a 5 year old and a bag of Smarties! :laugh:

The Verdict: Guilty
Guilty of being one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Very intense, very dark, very well done all around. If I hadn't been told Heath Ledger played The Joker, I'd have never guessed. He was amazing, truly frightning in a very uncomfortable way. While watching the movie, all I could think of was the scene in front of me, but as soon as it was over I could only think about the next installment. Gotta love a movie that both satisfies you AND makes you want more!
See it. See it now. See it again.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :D :cool:

I caught a midnight showing last night. Fantastic film! As others have said, very dark and definitely worth seeing! :thumbs:

Saw it today
I thought it was impressive. Yes dark. I loved the joker portrayal.
Heath Ledger did a fantastic job.

wanted to see it but it was bundled with Journey To The Center of The Earth at the drivein, I'll wait till its with a better movie, but after reading all your guys hype, I'm STOKED! :)