• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Glenlivet Nadurra 16yo

Greggj77

As the title states I am looking for my next bottle and I stumbled across a bottle of The Glenlivet Nadurra 16yo. Although, not typically a huge fan the The Glenlivet line, (12 is ok and 15 is not the best value).

I was immediately intruiged by the fact that it is not Chill Filtered and is a Cask Strength offering. Looked up some reviews and most were favorable see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMpdnXhVBc

Anyhow, wanted to get my brothers at CP's advice anyone had any experience with this.

The other bottle that caught my eye was the Laphroig Quarter Cask Strength, and I did see AVB's reviews and comments so that is a contender as well.

So survey says? :whistling:

Two completely different styles of whisky so it would hinge on what you like more, an Islay or a Highland. I'm fond of both actually. You really don't like the Glenlivet 15 yo French Oak Reserve ???

Ray,

Thanks for the response, I know they are 2 completely different animals. At present I am not married to Islay or Highland and am just on a continual journey in search of tasty scotch and am not looking for a single defined character as of yet. These two just jumped out at me and had I not just picked up a new bottle of HP18 and Pappy Van Winkle 15yo I would be looking to pick up both bottles.

I enjoy most profiles and my current preferences have been leaning towards the Highland and Speyside side of the fence with HP18 The Balvenie 15 and various offerings from The Macallan at the top of my list.

Basically, I was looking at something experimenting and trying something a little different. leaning towards something that is not chill filtered and cask strength for that reason these bottles jumped out at me specifically the Nadurra.

In regards the the Nadurra Do you happen to have any experience with it? Or can you think of another bottle that might suit my profile given my fondness of HP 18 and The Balvenie 15 and desire to try something cask?

Any and all thoughts / suggestions are appreciated.

Best,
Gregg

Oh definitely like the french oak. but, for the same price I would prefer The Balvenie 15 or The Macallan 12 anyday. The Glen 15 is tasty but, not sure I would rush out and buy it again.

I'm an Islay guy, I would go for the Quarter Cask I think it is a hell ogf a dram :thumbs:

But if you are more a highland/speyside kind of man I would go for the Nadura ;)

Rene

I've had the Nadura and it is a sold performer along the lines of the Glenfarclas 105. They both can take an ice cube well and are good representations of the highland style,

I favor Glenmorangie Astar and Macallan Cask Strength over Glenlivet 16. The same could be said with just about anything Glenmorangie and Macallan vs Glenlivet.

I've yet to have anything from Laphroaig I didn't like.

This is exactly the information that I was looking for. Went in on Sat morning and pulled the trigger on The Balvenie Portwood. A bit more pricey but, man is it good.

Next month it will be the Laphroaig QC.

Thanks for the guidance. :thumbs: