• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Great Bone Shine' Contest

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Simple as this:

1. Dig a robusto out of your humi and spark it up
2. Keep track of how long it takes to smoke it
3. Post what it was you smoked, a little blurb about it, and how long it took

**Please post in this thread**

Whoever closest matches my robusto smoking time wins a nice stick and a mason jar of my shine'.

Contest begins on Saturday, June 19 and ends on Saturday, June 26. No ficticious smoking. One smoke per person :)

Since I don't thing we have any cigars in common (cause I'm a cheap SOB) this will be pure luck. Come to think of it, it's pretty good we don't have the same cigars. I wouldn't want it known I suck the same as you do. :sign: :sign: :sign:

I'll be shining my bone later. You can count on it! :sign:

Whoever closest matches my robusto
:D

I know how to get a bone shining but matching your robusto is out of the question.

Insert Churchill v. Robusto joke here. :lookup:

Perverts. All a bunch of damn perverts. That's why I stick around here :)

Should be a fun little contest. Get to smoking!

Tony Bones said:

Contest begins on Saturday, June 19 and ends on Saturday, June 26. No ficticious smoking. One smoke per person :)
Dang, the only robusto I had was a VSG, but smoked it last week (my, what a great smoke!).

Would a 5 1/2 x 54 (its called a #5) be too big for a robusto? Unless someone wants to work out a trade for a VSG :)

Bruce

I'll be smokin' my bone, I mean my favorite Robusto tommoro and give you the results afterwards, perverted bastids..... :D :thumbs: :p :sign: :D

Tony Bones said:
Guest of the evening:

Montecristo Vintage '93 Club Cabinet Robusto

Origin: DR
Length: 5.00
Ring: 50
Strength: Medium
Wrapper Color: E
Wrapper Type: CT
Binder: DR
Filler: BRA/DR

smoke time: 1h 15mins

This was an excellent smoke. Good flavor full, with a nice medium body. It had some burn issues; a few runners and the ash was a bit flakey, but that didn't effect the flavor. Besides, slight issues like that just give me something to do while I'm smoking the cigar. :D

8 or 9 outta 10. Just might have to pick up a box of these.

nic said:
Tony Bones said:
Guest of the evening:

Montecristo Vintage '93 Club Cabinet Robusto

Origin: DR
Length: 5.00
Ring: 50
Strength: Medium
Wrapper Color: E
Wrapper Type: CT
Binder: DR
Filler: BRA/DR

smoke time: 1h 15mins

This was an excellent smoke. Good flavor full, with a nice medium body. It had some burn issues; a few runners and the ash was a bit flakey, but that didn't effect the flavor. Besides, slight issues like that just give me something to do while I'm smoking the cigar. :D

8 or 9 outta 10. Just might have to pick up a box of these.
These are great smokes. The whole line is very flavorable.

1hr 07 minutes
I just finished a Camacho Rubusto Maduro sent to me in the recent bombing. This was a really good cigar. A pretty tight roll and a nice appearance. It felt pretty "hefty" in weight. Pre-light draw was tight as I expected. The wrapper was kinda sweet too. As I smoked it, the burn was never sharp, but it was quite even. The ash was fairly white. It provided a decent amount of smoke considering how thight the draw was. In the smoke you could smell the youthfulness of the cigar. It had a amonia smell to it. With that being said, I never actually tasted it. It was a sweet maple syrup taste all the way down to the 2/3 mark. Then it got slightly nutty. I had about 1 1/2 inches left and I was just going to let it die out. I took one last puff and was hit with an expresso taste with a hint of toffee. Yummm! I smoked for another 10 minutes before I let it go out.
This one is going to age beautifully. It was pretty good now, and can only get better with time!

Emo

La Gloria Cubana Serie R No 5

Origin: Dominican-Republic
Strength: Medium-Full
Wrapper Type: Ecuador Sumatran
Wrapper Color: Claro
Binder: Dominican-Republic
Filler Dom Rep / Nicaragua
Ring Guage: 54
Length: 5.5
Aged at least 2 years

Smoke time: 1 Hour 12 mins

This cigar was very firm and well constucted. Though is was firm, it lit easy and had a very nice draw. The burn was very even, no tunneling and no need to relight.

It started with just a hint of spice and some nice creamyness, a very nice taste. About half way through the spice picked up a bit, but I still thought to myself that dispite the big ring, this was a nice medium bodied cigar. I think the fact that this cigar was over 2 years old gave it a more mild - medium body.

The last 3rd of the smoke, however, was a different story. I didn't notice any change is the strenght or flavor, but I really starting getting a buzz so I let it die with about 2 inches left.

All in all a pretty darn good smoke and a great value. Thanks JOE.M. for ageing this one.

Bruce

Cohiba Robusto ISMO 12/03

What can I write about this cigar that hasn't been written? It's my desert island smoke. Pure creamyness the whole way through. Smooth, but with subtle power you feel when you are done. Normally after a cigar I want to eat or drink something to get rid of the taste, but not after this baby.

Start time : 5:23pm
Finish time : 6:18pm
55 minutes of smoking bliss.