• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Impossible Burger 10-Year Anniversary Contest (WE HAVE A WINNER!)

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
It has been brought to my attention that this month will mark my tenth year here on CigarPass. As a thank you for those who have put up with me for this long (or are just getting to know me), I am offering my first contest. The purpose of this contest is to encourage folks to do a deep-dive into the history of the forum via the search function; the byproduct may be winnings of cigars and other assorted treasures that I have yet to identify. Longtime members understand and embrace the fact that CigarPass is not just your regular internet forum, which many newcomers sometimes have a hard time reconciling. My hopes are that even some long-standing members will learn something new as you jump down different rabbit holes in your searches. I went down many of these same rabbit holes, myself, while trying to locate the answers l knew were buried somewhere in the archives of old posts. Here are the rules:

Rule Number One: Don't be an asshole.

Who can participate? Anyone, regardless of length of membership or activity. This will not be easy, especially for noobs, so if you are going to put in the commitment to dig into the past, then the spirit of the contest is not lost on you.

How many guesses do I get? Two per day.

Do I have to submit them all at one time, or can I answer them piecemeal? You may answer as many as you want or as few as you want, but this must be done here, publicly, as a reply (not via PM). Keep in mind that if you only answer one at a time, others will see if the answer is correct or incorrect, and may then use these right answers for themselves. So, this may make it easier on you to know if a single answer is the right one, but it will also make it easier for everyone else running towards the same finish line.

What are the dates of the contest? The contest will run from 1 April 2021 to 29 April 2021, my anniversary date.

How many winners will there be? One. Just one.

Is there a runner-up prize? Yes. You will be rewarded with a wealth of knowledge regarding the history of CigarPass and its members (active, inactive, banned, and passed on).

What happens if no one gets them all right by 29 April 2021? I keep my cigars.

So, there may not even be a winner and this will all be for nothing? Partially correct: There may not be an awarded victor come 29 April 2021, but we are all winners after expanding our understanding of the CP history and culture. I did name it the "Impossible Burger Contest", after all. However, it certainly is not for nothing.

How do I know you aren't just making all this shit up? I will send a list of answers via PM to a trusted, incorruptible member who is not participating.

How do I provide my answers? Copy-and-paste the questions into a reply, and answer away!

Are you going to let us know when someone gets an answer correct? I will say how many are correct, but I will not say which ones.

Are all of the answers to these really found in the annals of past posts here at CP? Yes. I personally searched out each answer after coming up with the question to make sure you can find them, too.

The question is a bit vague. How do I know what answer you are looking for? You will KNOW when you see it. A lightbulb will go on. Fireworks will explode. Ships will sound their horns. South African futbol fans will blow their vuvuzelas incessantly. If that's not enough, the trusted and incorruptible CP member will have the answer for verification.

Can I circumvent these written rules? I am a proponent of ingenuity and engineering. Necessity is the mother of invention, and all that happy horse shit. If you figure out a way to come up with the answers that falls outside of what I've outlined here, I'm happy for you. However, the spirit of the contest is to use the search function and dig into the past. If you figure out a way to get the answers without expanding your knowledge of CigarPass, then you are just an asshole. Rule Number One is "Don't Be An Asshole". Rule Number One is always Don't Be An Asshole.

Will you just shut up and tell us what we can win, already? I will dig through my fridgidor and coolers and, for (nearly) every cigar that I have at least two of, I will include one of these in the winnings. I do not currently know exactly what this consists of as a whole, but it will include both NCs and CCs. I'll call it at least 10 cigars; it could be more but won't be less. Don't know. And I'm not getting out of bed to count right now. I'll also include a nice package of regional goodness that I may or may not personalize for the winner. If you win, then we'll talk. It will be worth your time and effort, though, I believe. Maybe not "Bill-level" of worth, but I do what I can. *EDIT* Bill (@CigSid) has graciously offered to include a selection of cigars from his own holdings for the winner. This is now officially at "Bill-level" of worth! Thank you, Bill! *EDIT EDIT* Bill is now offering, in addition to his previous addition, three pre-embargo CCs to the winner. DaFuq y'all waiting for? GET ON THIS!!!

What are the questions? As follows:

1) Three parts:
-What branch of military service was I in?
-What were my years of service?
-What bases was I stationed at while active duty?

2) From birth to now, 1 April 2021, where all have I lived? I'm looking for city and state/country.

3) Why is YellowSmoke significant? This is one where when you find it, you will just know you've stumbled upon the right answer.

4) The date of 13 September has special significance to me for two reasons. Why?

5) I have met and smoked with several CP members in person. What year, and where did I first meet them in person?
-Trey Smith (RIP)
-John Holmes
-Larry Niemann (RIP)
-Jon Elliott
-William Evans
-Paul Trahan

6) Someone ripped an album from YouTube and sent it to me on CD.
-What album?
-Who sent it?

7) What is a walk down cigar?

8) I contacted Devil Doc (RIP) in regards to a specific ship of the US Navy for a research question. What was that vessel?

9) One of my former roommates grew up as neighbors and friends of a certain young actress that I had a thing for growing up. Who is she?

10) It's no secret I love me some IndyCar racing. What states have I attended IndyCar Series races in?

11) I read a LOT. What is my favorite piece of written literature in the History of EVAR, and who was the credited author?

12) What cigar, if it existed, would be my favorite?

Best of luck.

Last edited:
April 29th happens to be my birthDAY. Unlike @modo22 , I only celebrate it on that day.

Couple questions? Are the two guesses a full filled answer sheet? And do we PM you the guesses? Asking for a friend...

Couple questions? Are the two guesses a full filled answer sheet? And do we PM you the guesses? Asking for a friend...

Good question. The stated rules say to c/p as a reply, but I failed to specify if it needed to be a completed sheet at one time or not. I shall amend the rules in the OP to state as such:

Do I have to submit them all at one time, or can I answer them piecemeal? You may answer as many as you want or as few as you want, but this must be done here, publicly, as a reply (not via PM). Keep in mind that if you only answer one at a time, others will see if the answer is correct or incorrect, and may then use these right answers for themselves. So, this may make it easier on you to know if a single answer is the right one, but it will also make it easier for everyone else running towards the same finish line.

Ok I will guess at some questions
12) Padron Pantela Maduro
11) Nelson DeMille - John Corey Series
10) TEXAS Tennessee Iowa Indiana
9) Molly Ringwald
8) USS Constitution