• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The never ending bad news...and my farewell post!

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well, the Doctors are really getting on my case about cigar smoking and asked if they gave me the prescription to quit, would I do it? I said hell no. Anyways...that is the normal line of defense she approaches me with every 6 months. I sent out several PM's to some close friends in regards of what the rest of the community will now find out. On 22nd June 2011, my Doctor told me how some stuff was going great. But before finishing the 6 month follow up, she drops the bomb shell. She said eventually I will probably need a Liver Transplant. She asked if I drank a lot and I said no since its the facts. If I have 1 to 2 beers a month I've broke a personal record. Usually half of the bottle will go down the sink. Even my favorites like DFH 90 min IPA. The last thing she said you probably wished you did drink since your liver is functioning like one found in a raging alcoholic thats been drinking for many years.

So they are going to run me through the hoops of test after test. If you don't see me post much, I'm probably alive but just busy with driving to the VA Hospital all the time. On the positive side they are redoing the spinal shots in the Operating Room on July 6th and supposed put a consult in for Low Back Therapy. Peace out for now and stay safe all.

Take care of yourself brother. You know we are here for you if there is ANYTHING you need.
Im praying for you.

Be well Loren we'll all be pulling for you.

Wow! I hope it all works out for you. :thumbs:

My liver's not so good, either. Years of chronic pain has led to my liver processing too many analgesics. I rarely drink now and I'm not supposed to drink at all. Maybe I should be more rigorous about that? :rolleyes:

Stay strong brother Loren and post when you can.
thumbs-up.gif

Wow, that is some news. We will be keeping you in our thoughts. Good luck.

Will be thinking of you.......

Keep pushing......

See you soon.....

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Stay strong, and remember that you have a huge family here that will support you however we can!

Loren,

I hope your back feels better after your next session.

As far as your liver...
I will hope for the best there!

-Rob

Wow. Keep your head up. A positive attitude goes a long way.

Hope things work out as best they can. I'll be sure to look you up next time I'm in the area.