• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Next CC Star

Light this!

Licensed to Kill
Alright gentlemen we've all probably been there and missed the boat on some current HTF sticks such as the 04 Cohiba Sublimes, Cohiba Gran Reseva, PL Magnificos, 10 PL Regalias de Londres, Edmundo Dantes 109's,  etc - you get my point. Some of these were limited releases with only a few hundred boxes released. Still can be had but your going to pay for them big time if you find them.

So what I try to do now is load up on some of the boxes that I think are going to be a hit. Not to sell but for my smoking pleasure because they are that good or have the potential for being great. I've recently bought and paid through the nose for some Boli Especiales German RE's No.2, PL Magnificos, etc. and really don't want to be doing it again in the near future.

My question to you is what three CC cigars do you think will be one of those  - "shit I should've bought more when I had the chance". Let's make the list consisting of current stock that is still available. I'll start with these three:

1. 2011 La Escepcion Selectos Finos
2. 2008 Monte Sublimes
3. Edmundo Dante Conde 54

So what say you?

Subscribed...

Certainly swimming in the deep end of the pool though, hope something in my range comes by... i.e. about $10 a stick

Without a doubt the Monti 2008 Sublime will be one for the records but these are smoking pretty good right now and will only get better;

2009 H. Upmann Mag 48 Limited
2010 Ramon Allones Gordito Canada Regional 
2009 Vagas Robaina Petit Robaina Canada Regional

While not in the same league as the LE's and regional releases, plain old recent production Boli RC's are just amazing.  They sell out fast when they show up for sale, seems I'm not the only one that likes them.

While not in the same league as the LE's and regional releases, plain old recent production Boli RC's are just amazing.  They sell out fast when they show up for sale, seems I'm not the only one that likes them.
Please do not let the cat out of the bag! Psst if you can find any 2007 POS box codes pay dearly for them! OK back to the thread.

BlindedByScience said:
I second this as BBS and I traded a while back.  I can't believe how well they are smoking.

As for LEs, I am just getting the opportunity to try some thanks to you and Bill!  But I am interested in what everyone else thinks.

thinde said:
Without a doubt the Monti 2008 Sublime will be one for the records but these are smoking pretty good right now and will only get better;

2009 H. Upmann Mag 48 Limited
2010 Ramon Allones Gordito Canada Regional 
2009 Vagas Robaina Petit Robaina Canada Regional

Tom, those RA Gorditos are pretty good.

BlindedByScience said:

No doubt on the Boli's. Tom, have you tried the Boli Especials No.2 German RE. These are phenomenal and not sure if I sent you one. One hell of a stick hands down. Speaking of Bolis, the Gold Medals are slowly disappearing as well. I have a few boxes of these left and one being the 04 Wolters Release. 

Is it too late to say the 1998 Fundadores will be worth buying?

From my point of view:

1.  Bolivar Gold Medals (any year)

2.  Bolivar Libertador LCDH

3.  Por Larranaga Picadores (Nope, haven't had one....I just have a feeling)

If the H. Upmann Reserva Cosecha is anything like the recent Sir Winston and Connie A production...and it should be better...they will be an instant hit.

Gern Blansten said:
If the H. Upmann Reserva Cosecha is anything like the recent Sir Winston and Connie A production...and it should be better...they will be an instant hit.

Not a big fan of big ring gauges but those freaking Connie A's are good. I could only imagine them with some age. The problem with those is that they are pricey.

I'd vote for those 'available for me now' smokes:
LE:
RA Gorditos
VR petit Robaina
PL Encanto

LE:
H Upmanm 2012
Monte 520
Punch 2013

And for the regular releases I thinks those are already on the good track:
LGC 2
LGC 4
H Up Sir Winnie

Light this! said:

Not a big fan of big ring gauges but those freaking Connie A's are good. I could only imagine them with some age. The problem with those is that they are pricey.
That Connie A you sent me was just brilliant! Thank you again for the opportunity!

What do figure the Reserva will go for per stick?

Are the Gorditos still around?

Gern Blansten said:

That Connie A you sent me was just brilliant! Thank you again for the opportunity!

What do figure the Reserva will go for per stick?

Are the Gorditos still around?

Not sure on the HU's but the Party's GR went for about $1100 and the R&J Reservas for about $900. The Gran Reservas are aged for about five years and the Reservas for three and usually a box of 15 on the GR and box od 20 on the Reservas.

Gorditos still can be still be had on the site that I told you about.  ;)

Bill, where the hell are you on this? 

ETA. Correction on the box count.

Ight, Here's my list of RE's that's a must to have in your humidor. (easily found for now)

2013 Bolivar Poderosos - The best Bolivar I've ever smoked. Yes I've also smoked a handful of German Boli Esp's, Poderosos is better IMHO.
2012 Ramon Allones Eshmoun - The best Regional I've ever smoked.
2011 QdO Robusto Embajador/2011 Superiores - I don't need to tell you how good they are, you know already!

The smokes listed are already bucket list worthy to some. Get them while you can.

Jason

Backslide said:
Ight, Here's my list of RE's that's a must to have in your humidor. (easily found for now)

2013 Bolivar Poderosos - The best Bolivar I've ever smoked.
2011 QdO Robusto Embajador/2011 Superiores - I don't need to tell you how good they are, you know already!

The smokes listed are already bucket list worthy to some. Get them while you can.

Jason

Nice list Jason. The Superiores are quickly becoming scarce and going up in price as well. I also think that the Embajador is better than the French Royal at the moment. 

Light this! said:

2013 Bolivar Poderosos - The best Bolivar I've ever smoked.

Jason

Nice list Jason. The Superiores are quickly becoming scarce and going up in price as well. I also think that the Embajador is better than the French Royal at the moment.
Yeah I'm glad I have a box of both ;)

I was looking to purchase a box of the RA Gorditos and held back because of the not so great reviews I read about them (even halfwheel gave them an 85). After reading all of the comments here, I'll have to get myself some.

whylieineedacigar said:
I was looking to purchase a box of the RA Gorditos and held back because of the not so great reviews I read about them (even halfwheel gave them an 85). After reading all of the comments here, I'll have to get myself some.
The RA Gordie is the best Canadian RE I've ever smoked. They have a near cult following with people in the know! IMHO don't base your decisions on CC's on what Brooks and Charlie (Halfwheel) say about em. They have a way with words for sure, but they also seem to subscribe to the CA method of reviewing. Sponsors = better scores. They even state on the website that they're mostly into NC's. sure they include the peppering of cc's, just don't kid yourself they're biased.
One other thing! You don't go to a Ford dealership to ask about Audi's latest offerings! You'll find certain sites fill a certain need.