• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The older she gets the more she hates my cigars

Andrew Bushard

Hi Everyone

Luckily its still summer in Wisconsin and I can still smoke outside. But they are predicting a cold winter and I need to make my smoking room a little better. My wife of 59 seems to hate my wonderful cigar smoke more and more each day. She never used to complain much, but I think I either invest in a good home smoke eater/ odor killer or I will have to freeze my buns in the garage this winter. Anyone have any experience with these? I am going to do some research, but any advice would be welcome.

I don't smoke in the house, not because of the wife, but because I don't want the house to smell like cigar smoke. As such, my consumption rate goes down in the winter. My next house will have a screened-in porch that I can put windows in during the colder months, or perhaps turn it into something like @jfields has -- that's a great setup.

I don't smoke in the house, not because of the wife, but because I don't want the house to smell like cigar smoke. As such, my consumption rate goes down in the winter. My next house will have a screened-in porch that I can put windows in during the colder months, or perhaps turn it into something like @jfields has -- that's a great setup.
Yep! But, it would never work if I didn’t have the blessing of @britishfields. It’s rare to have the blessing of a woman to smoke inside. She’s very cool that way!

I do make sure to take every effort to minimize the smell by emptying the ashtray every night when I’m done. The other is the room set up with no cloth in the room. No carpet, curtains, or fabric furniture.

Yep! But, it would never work if I didn’t have the blessing of @britishfields. It’s rare to have the blessing of a woman to smoke inside. She’s very cool that way!

I do make sure to take every effort to minimize the smell by emptying the ashtray every night when I’m done. The other is the room set up with no cloth in the room. No carpet, curtains, or fabric furniture.
I remodeled my camper in the same fashion so I can smoke in there when it gets cold.

So come winter time, and I live in an area with minimal snow, I bundle up and smoke on the porch. If you have a shop with a lounge, I’d suggest that being the answer. If you don’t, consider a propane heater. The more visually appealing, the better. Marriage is about compromise.

So come winter time, and I live in an area with minimal snow, I bundle up and smoke on the porch. If you have a shop with a lounge, I’d suggest that being the answer. If you don’t, consider a propane heater. The more visually appealing, the better. Marriage is about compromise.
? ?

So I told my wife (Kerri) about this thread I posted. To my amazement she said thanks! I will never figure her out! then she sent me an email... kinda sexy one.. omg! In it was a link https://www.lakeair.com/product/maxum-hepa-air-purifier/ she said I should buy something like this... Any of you great members have experience with this company or Brand? I see it's made in the USA, but $700.00 buys a lot of cigars.

So I told my wife (Kerri) about this thread I posted. To my amazement she said thanks! I will never figure her out! then she sent me an email... kinda sexy one.. omg! In it was a link https://www.lakeair.com/product/maxum-hepa-air-purifier/ she said I should buy something like this... Any of you great members have experience with this company or Brand? I see it's made in the USA, but $700.00 buys a lot of cigars.

It also buys a lot of happiness and understanding with your wife.

I dunno why but my spidey sense is starting to tingle bout this guy...

I don't need to buy anything for a couple months, so I will keep looking for suggestions. I think the effort of joining here helped with my wife. I wish I had a camper, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the input guys

Smoke in the car!

:O

LMAO, do as Gary says!

Man, not sure what to tell you, besides finding the room in your garage OR finding a nice lounge to frequent. Back her car out, shut the door, turn the heater on and enjoy the cigar. When done, re-park her car in the garage. Might be too much of a hassle, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I used to have a smoking room. Highly recommend it. I just adjusted to smaller sizes in the winter and put a small fan in the window. The colder the day the smaller the cigar. I went through about six cabs of Tatuaje #5s and as many RASCCs.

Then I discovered the illusione Fume d'amour Laguna cab that aready had 2.5 years on it and they never saw a third year.

Make small cigars your friend.

Last edited: