• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Smokin Fine in 09 Pass

IanHummel

Gentleman of CigarPass,

First off I hope that everyone had a safe and happy holidays and new year. It has become that time for me to host a pass here at CP. I have invited a group of people via-PM and once they all respond, I will post their names on the pass list. There will be 15 people on the high end in this pass, if you are interested, please sign up below. This pass is geared towards seasoned pass vets, so if you haven't been in a few passes already here at CP, please pass on signing up for this one. As usual, only members in good standing will be considered. The cigars in this pass will be of both NC and CC origin. The NC's will go from premium to ultra premium and rare. The CC's will range from current to 10+ years of age, both common and rare.

The usual rules will apply, NC for NC, CC for CC, rarity for rarity, and age for age. P/T's should be posted in thread for group approval. 2:1's will be considered on a case by case basis. However, since this pass is geared to seasoned pass vets, I'm not worried about anyone having trouble with this. More detailed rules and requests are below (Thanks to jlada for putting together this awesome set of rules)

General Requests:

1) Please check the pass thread as often as you can. This will keep you informed of when you may be up and what's going on in the pass.
2) Please remember - communication is the key to any successful pass. There is no such thing as communicating too much.

Before the pass arrives:

1) Please communicate with the brother before you and confirm that you are/aren't ready.
2) Please have a general idea of what is in the pass and what you want from it.
3) Please notify your signicant other (if applicable) that you have a large box coming, but it's not something you bought. This way, you don't get lambasted when it arrives.

When the pass arrives:

1) Please do an inventory and make sure everything is there, numbered correctly, and undamaged.
2) Please inspect the box and packing materials. Post any concerns.
3) Please see if the beads need any humidifcation and act accordingly.
4) Please do not remove the cigars from their baggies unless they are part of your approved P/T's.
5) Please post your put/takes ASAP. If any pass member feels a swap isn't appropriate, please post it publicly and be polite about it. I encourage member involvement.
6) P & T's must meet the following requirements A) $ for $ B) Rarity for rarity C) NC for NC D) ISOM for ISOM E) No limit on number of trades, within reason.

I am the final judge, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not an authority. I love and encourage input! I am not a walking, talking encyclopedia of ISOM cigars - luckily, they do exist! I have a solid grasp on NC cigars, but I don't have a walk-in bunker of ISOM's I'm sitting on. Those of you that do, chime in!

7) Please factor in cost, rarity, tact, and cigar knowledge to dictate what is or is not a fair trade. Questions? PM a highly tenured member or me (I don't classify myself as highly tenured - hence the or) and we'll see what we can do to assist you.
8) Please, if at all possible, do not put an exact duplicate of a cigar that already exists in the pass. Obviously, if it is a highly rare and/or desirable cigar, exceptions can and will be made.
9) Please know the sources of your ISOMs and do not discuss them in the thread. If you have any doubt, it's no secret which brothers are a wealth of CC information.
10) Please notify the next person in line via PM and post in this thread prior to shipping to confirm that they he or she is ready to receive the pass.
11) Please make a good effort to get the pass turned around quickly, ideal time is no longer than 48 hours.
12) Please ship the package via USPS Priority and post the delivery confirmation number in this thread.
13) HAVE FUN!!!!

CIGAR LIST:

-Tatuaje Black
-Tatuaje Black Robusto
-Tatuaje Frank
-Tatuaje West Coast
-Cabiguan Maduro
-Opus X A Coffin 07
-Fuente BTL 06
-Anejo Shark 77 from 06
-Davidoff 100th Anniversary Diadema (not the Finas, this is the 9.5 x 55 MONSTER)
-Davidoff Maduro
-Van Dyke 1940's clear havana
-Cohiba Siglo V 01
-Cohiba Siglo III 06
-Cohiba Maduro 5 Secreto 07
-Oliva Serie V Maduro
-Oliva Master Blend 1 Church
-Oliva Master Blend 2 Torp
-Oliva Ole Maduro cloth band
-VR Classico 01
-Hoyo Du Prince 98
-Partagas Lonsdale 01
-Punch Ninfa 01
-Punch Corona 01
-SLR Serie A 00

Pass Members - NOT THE PASS ORDER:
1) IanHummel
2) jlada
3) stepthirteen
4) gonz
5) swifty
6) kingantz
7) enerjay
8) grateful1
9) BigJake6904
10) br174
11) jovenhut
12) TheVitaleMob
13) CigarMan Andy

Thanks Ian for the invite! I look forward to being involved with this!!

Jim

Not opting in, But sending very good wishes to Ian, a stand up guy. This will be a fun pass for you all.

Looks like another fine pass. If you need a body, I would love to offer my services. :D

This is starting to take shape and the invites are almost all back. I'll give it another few days for the guys that were invited to reply, and then I will pick the rest from here. If your interested, feel free to post!

I just unpacked my previous pass and have some good stuff in it to put into this one. SHould be a a fine selection of sticks.

Thanks for the invite. It has been awhile since I have been in a pass.

I could use a pass to break in the new digs here in St Louis.

Good to get my but back into the PASS game. Lets have some fun guys.

Thanks ME

I know I raised my hand earlier but I would love to be in this pass.
Have a great weekend everyone.

I have a quick question about passes. This is a pass I would be highly interested in, but I don't come close to qualifying. There have been a couple lately that I would really have liked to gotten in on. But, I haven't done a pass yet. The problem? It seems all the passes are requiring 1-3 completed passes. The sticky part is that there aren't any newb passes. I appreciate that Jonesy was going to run one, but didn't have time. It's a Catch-22. Can't get in on a pass because you haven't been in on a pass. I understand the need for experience, and the host makes the rules, but is having completed a pass a hard-and-fast rule? I think I could get a few members to vouch for me, if that helps at all. I've read the threads of some passes, and have a feel for what goes down.
In any case, thanks in advance for any thoughts on this. I truly look forward to participating in my first pass. I first found this board in searching for cigar references, and Moki's excellent reference posts.

mufflerman,

There have been various "newbie" passes and entry level passes that have been done, just have to keep your eyes peeled. There are also some bigger passes that are geared towards vets, that sometimes have a couple pass rookies in them as well. Actually, I believe jlada's most recent pass had some rookies in it. The main reasoning behind the rules on this one is that I wanted to involve a handful of guys on here that I have met, traded with, been in a pass with, or that have helped me out. After that I'm going to fill in spots with more experienced passers as it's only going to be 12 spots and I would like it to go as smooth as possible. Once this is done, I'll likely start a Rookie Pass for people like you to get one under your belt.

mufflerman,

There have been various "newbie" passes and entry level passes that have been done, just have to keep your eyes peeled. There are also some bigger passes that are geared towards vets, that sometimes have a couple pass rookies in them as well. Actually, I believe jlada's most recent pass had some rookies in it. The main reasoning behind the rules on this one is that I wanted to involve a handful of guys on here that I have met, traded with, been in a pass with, or that have helped me out. After that I'm going to fill in spots with more experienced passers as it's only going to be 12 spots and I would like it to go as smooth as possible. Once this is done, I'll likely start a Rookie Pass for people like you to get one under your belt.

Agree.

While nearly all of my invites went to people with a year or more on the board, I could not control who they invited. Thus, we got some newer guys in my pass. Let it be known, however, that I have heavily researched each rookie, contacted people about thier trades, and have made triple sure about their status here. Also, as an added bonus, hey... I'm pretty nuts - I'd not hestitate a minute to fly anywhere in the US and ring a door bell. Anyway, to be blunt, it's a trust and knowledge issue. Show that you know how to handle yourself in a pass, possess the knowledge to make proper put/takes, and most importantly, can be trusted and the pass invites will come rolling in.