• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The state of the Steelers

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
As a formerly proud, avid, and dedicated Steeler fan it is truly disgusting to see what the current ownership, management, and coaching has done to this once respected franchise.

The Steelers used to be synonymous with an over-achieving, hard working, well organized franchise. Since taking the helm, Tomlin has won a Super Bowl in his second year when Bill Cowher's over-achieving mentality still permeated the team, lost a Super Bowl as the last of Cowher's aura was waning, and then managed to be average for eleven years with great talent.

News it's coming out that the players are revolting against Matt Canada's offense and while most of this is probably media driven, I think there is a foundation of truth in what we can all see when the Steelers play. The Steelers will never fire a coach in mid-season, they don't fire coaches ever, they simply don't renew contracts. So my question is "why the hell does this guy have a job as the OC in the first place?"

The only coaches with any credibility who ever coached under Tomlin were let go, Arians, Haley, Lebeau, Munchak, and since then the Steelers have had a series of very questionable coordinators.

We all know it's highly frowned upon to say anything negative about certain people in the NFL so all the talk around Tomlin is how great he is for never having a losing season. However, if you look at what he has had to work with, he has produced extremely poor results in a once proud organization!

I will never root for any other team, but the Steelers are a pass-time now instead of an obsession!

F***!

Last edited:
This is how I feel about the Angels. They will always be my team if someone asks who my baseball team is but for the last 10 years they have had the biggest names in baseball on their team and can’t get it together. This year especially pissed me off because they were doing so well in the first few weeks and then bam suck show and I bought a new jersey and hats and went to some games but I’m not going to keep spending my money on them if they are going to keep this up. I hope Artie sells soon and the new buyer puts together a good team to start winning

All I can say is I hope you we’re born in PA, otherwise you’re just looking for attention. 🤣

You should try being a Loins fan.
I get that Justin but I believe there is a difference, you know not to expect anything because they are what they are. As a Steeler fan, you expect quality, and you damn sure expect good things when the talent on the field is exceptional.

If your sister is fat and ugly, you don't expect her to be prom queen, but if she is beautiful and intelligent, but chooses to do drugs and turn tricks under the bleachers, it's disappointing!

It’s ok Jeff…just R-E-L-A-X…and join us over here in Green Bay, buy a share of stock and rejoice, we will welcome you. 😈

It’s ok Jeff…just R-E-L-A-X…and join us over here in Green Bay, buy a share of stock and rejoice, we will welcome you. 😈
If I weren't a Steeler fan, I would definitely be a Packers fan.

But .... we all know how that goes!

If you think my grumblings are just sour grapes, consider this.

Over the past ten years the Steelers have more pro-bowl players (20) and more pro-bowl appearances (52) than any other team in the NFL; the Patriots are second with 19 and 51 respectively.

During that ten year period, the Patriots have 16 playoff wins and the Steeler's have 3.

1664658666847.png