• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Verona Humidor

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to find a good large cabinet type humidor, but don't want to spend any more than $1,000 (absolute max).

I'm look at this one: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...code=LGHUMIDORS

Which goes for $750. Does anyone know if this humidor is any good? Or are there any comparable to it?

Thanks for your input...

Rod said:
I'm trying to find a good large cabinet type humidor, but don't want to spend any more than $1,000 (absolute max).

I'm look at this one: http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...code=LGHUMIDORS

Which goes for $750. Does anyone know if this humidor is any good? Or are there any comparable to it?

Thanks for your input...
Rod:

I do not know anything about the quality of the Verona, but I think www.tampahumidor.com has it for less than what cheaphumidor is charging. I have thought about buying one myself, but is hard to beat the price of an Igloo! :)

Good luck! Bacchus

You're right, they are cheaper. The more I look at this humidor, the more it looks more like a big bird cage... I'll stick with a cooler for now.

For what its worth. Have you contacted Arlin. Really dont know from experience, but his work seems to be of supreme quality. He may have just what you need. :thumbs:

I'll email him and see if he has something similar to that one humidor.

Email sent....

How about:
07,23,03%20d.jpg

or:

05,15,01%20a.jpg

or even

Preview_Large.jpg

Hard to compete with the price from the orient though...

Yep, Arlin's right on that one! lol

But for what you want to spend, Rod.......Arlin could probably hook you up with a well made cabinet. That's the way I'm going in the future! ;)

Rod, IMO, the question's one must ask when selecting a humidor is much like anything else...... functionallity, looks, quality, and price. I ask myself:

1) is it functional
2) does it look good
3) is it of quality
4) is the price right

If I can honestly say yes to at least three of those questions then I ok myself to purchase if I desire. I use this formula for most major expenses as well as many others and for the most part it has served me well.

What I know about the Varona is that its made overseas. For the most part, it is probably functional or could be made to be functionable. It looks good but there is not enough detailed pictures to really tell. No way is it high quality. If you're looking for a fine piece of furniture this is not it. For some, the price could be reasonable.... depends on how much value you put into questions 1,2 and 3.

I don't think any of the well known quality humidor makers (there are 3 or 4 that frequent the cigar boards) could, for the size, come close to that price. Of course, with their humidors, there's would be no doubt about questions 1, 2, and 3.
thumbs.gif

And BTW, some humidor makers are crazier than others.
nut.gif
I mean, who names the pieces of furniture they build? The first cabinet in Arlins post is called "The Ark". Here's another view.... "THE ARK". As soon as he figures out how to mass produce those for $750 I'm getting one....ROFLMAO!
smoke.gif

LMAO@ Kenny

I actually helped him move that one a couple of times! That is one nice cabinet! :D

That middle one by Arlis... WOW.

Ok Arlis, how rich do I have to be to afford one like that - that is SHWEET (in best cartman imitation voice he can manage)!!!!!

Sam

Does anyone have a Verona or comparable? I have looked at this unit often, but can't bring myself to spend that kind of money unless someone can vouch for its ability to accurately control humidity.

Damn Arlin don't tease me like that! :D

Beautiful cabinets. :thumbs:

Rod said:
Going by your price limit try this one.click here

A dollar or two over the $1000.00 limit but not too bad. You can leave out the "set and forget" and go under the limit but I wouldn't. There are some smaller units that make the limit you set, take a look.

Hey Rod the Humi U asked about was going for under 500 on cigarbid about a week ago, u might want to check it regular like.

Jim

PS if ya get one under 500, hell buy 2 send one to me......

LOL

Wascal said:
Rod said:
Going by your price limit try this one.click here

A dollar or two over the $1000.00 limit but not too bad. You can leave out the "set and forget" and go under the limit but I wouldn't. There are some smaller units that make the limit you set, take a look.
Bob does great work and is always ready to answer your questions. :thumbs:

Damn, I do love the craftmanship of the Arlin Liss humidors...

I wish I could afford them!

Arlin you are an artist :D Beautiful hummi in the CA ;)

BenjieV :D

Came across this company the other day. Owner lives in my same county. I talked to him on the phone.

http://www.amcigcab.com/index.html

The Classic series appears to be in your price range:
http://www.amcigcab.com/pg/cs.html

Classic Series
Classic - holds up to 400 cigars $ 700.00
Classic II - holds up to 800 cigars 1200.00
Queen Ann Classic - holds up to 400 cigars 1000.00
Classic Series Options
Glass Door 50.00
Glass Top 50.00
Spanish Cedar Drawer
with friction fit dividers to store various sizes of loose cigars 75.00

This company installs walkins for commercial applications all over the USA.