• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Warped Experiment: Don Reynaldo Regalos

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Thanks again to @Devin Cole for his contributions to this review series.

Warped Don Reynaldo Regalos:

Vitola: Corona
Wrapper: Dominican Corojo
Filler: Dominican and Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Gauge: 46
Length: 5″
Pairing: No drink at all, just my trusty dog Bindi Boo.

Prelight:

As is becoming typical with these Warped cigars, appearance is flawless. Such a good looking cigar. Not a shiny cigar, but rather a dull tan/suede type look to it. Prelight nose gives away some pepper and maybe hay type/grassy type notes. But honestly I could barely pull anything away on the prelight, it wouldn't show it's cards. Cut was nice and easy and dry pull was slightly loose, but nothing concerning.

IMG_6226.JPG

First Third:

The DRR lit very easily with my Vector Tri-Pump, though most anything does. Immediately giving off loads of smoke. I had been a tad worried about the loose draw, but it showed no issues here, a ton of smoke and I barely had to pull. I expected to be hit with spice/pepper pretty hard based on the prelight nose, but not much was there. Pepper, yes....spice, nope. For the most part these two are normally hand in hand. Not so tonight. A great start.

IMG_6230.JPG

Second Third:

I like this cigar. It's been awhile since I had done my last review, so I'm having a bit of trouble comparing it against the others, but I think at this point it's my second favorite, only beaten out by the Lirio Rojo in regards to flavor. Profile isn't complicated, it's just smooth. Pepper, still there...maybe some hay/grass like I thought would be there. But it's just smooth as can be. I don't even need to try and figure it out....it just wants to be smoked. Burn is so so, but my huge torch doesn't really allow for fine tuning. Still a ton of smoke, which is what I love.

IMG_6231.JPG

Final Third:

Never had any issues at all with this cigar and it doesn't appear I'll have any the rest of the way. It performs well. No corrections needed, no concerns, no harshness. This is just a smooth creamy smoke from start to finish. Strength is creeping up on me. I was going to place it under Medium at first, but now I'll say Medium +. I just had a big dinner too. I think I'll toss some caramel notes in here at this point...something sweet. Not as syrupy as the Lirio Rojo, but it's sweet. Nice to see this come out at this point. Great way to finish a cigar.

IMG_6233.JPG

Final Thoughts:

A very enjoyable cigar once again and big ups to Warped Cigars and Kyle Gellis. This is a good smoke. I think it compared to the Lirio Rojo most, but not quite to its level. The flavor was right in my wheelhouse though, which is a big reason it was so enjoyable...I just wish the flavors were a bit more prominent. I found them mild. Very smooth smoking cigar with tons of smoke. I continue to be impressed by the quality control of these cigars. They are flawless and smoke very well. Very "Cubanesque" in regards to appearance and smokability.

I'm going to give this one a 91% on my high school essay scale. Yeah, that would tie it with the Lirio Rojo, but I still give the nod to the Lirio. But I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar.

IMG_6235.JPG

Next review: Warped Flor del Valle Cristales

Really great review! I am a bit biased though....those 2 smokes are neck and neck as far as a favorite on any given day. Thanks for helping me with tomorrow's morning smoke decision!

Well done. I'll have to get a few of these and the Lirio Rojo....when I make some room! :confused: