• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Warped Experiment: La Hacienda Superiores

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Welcome to the third installment of "The Warped Experiment"...La Hacienda Superiores.

Thanks again to @Devin Cole for his contributions to this review series.

Warped La Hacienda Superiores:

Vitola: Superiores
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Gauge: 46
Length: 5 5/8″
Pairing: Bud Light and good company of Bindi Boo.

Prelight:

Good looking cigar and one of my "go to" vitolas, just an easy size to enjoy. Not much sheen to speak of, but it does have a nice color. Smelling the foot gives hints of spice and fruit...nuttiness and hay/grass. As with all three Warped cigars I've smoked, construction is fantastic. Quality.

1.jpg

First Third:

There was a slight breeze this evening, so I anticipated the burn would have some issues, but it lit up nicely. I expected to be hit with some spice on the front end, but it wasn't there. Great smoke production and a good start. Notes of nuts and grass/hay, but that's about it. While it's going well, it didn't come out demanding my attention.

2.jpg

Second Third:

The first third didn't produce much for me to talk about. This part of the cigar was fantastic. It really got settled in here, and why I was beginning to be disappointed, I am now hopeful again. Strong nuttiness and grass remain, tobacco flavor if that's not obvious enough...but you know what I mean. The flavor is there, but it's not as tasty as I had anticipated based on my previous two Warped Cigars (Lirio Rojo and La Colmena). Good amount of smoke, solid flavor, and decent burn, but it's just not hitting the profile for what I typically look for.

3.jpg

Final Third:

Started to have some burn issue here. In the second pic here you can see a void in the cigar which caused it to burn a little hot. Hot equals harsh, especially towards the end of the cigar, so it was not that enjoyable for this period. Still a good amount of smoke and I can certainly taste some flavors of nuts, grass/hay, and maybe some fruit. I can't quite put my finger on what else I can taste, just couldn't grab it...I'm thinking some fruit of some sort. Regardless, the flavor profile, while existent, just isn't my bag.

5.jpg

4.jpg

Final Thoughts:

Thankfully the void ended rather quickly and the cigar finished honorably. I forgot to take a final nub picture, so this was the last one I got. As you can see, I did have to perform some burn correction.

Overall this cigar was the least impressive of the three I have had so far. It performed well and had a great look, but I think the flavor profile was just not in my wheelhouse. There was plenty of flavor, but it just wasn't for me. It had a few issues here and there with burn, but nothing serious or really worth fussing about. A good cigar, that I would certainly give another chance, but not something I would grab a box of at the moment.

On the high school essay scale, I'll give this one an 85%. It was fun as always and I look forward to the next one.

Next review: Warped Don Reynaldo Regalos

6.jpg

Great review! Keep 'em coming!

In that last photo it looks like the wrapper is pretty heavily burnt/charcoaled. Is that from a relight? or did it start to burn that way?

Great review! Keep 'em coming!

In that last photo it looks like the wrapper is pretty heavily burnt/charcoaled. Is that from a relight? or did it start to burn that way?

That was from a correction on the burn I made just prior to the pic.

Thanks for the review, Wyatt. That's one cigar I probably will skip. So many cigars ... I completely agree about the CG vitola. Lonsdale is about the same - big enough to allow for interesting blending, thin enough to allow the wrapper to shine.

Nice review! I have tried a few but they never really struck me as one for the rotation....but I will continue to try all non-Miami Warpeds in the hopes of a magical Lirio Rojo level of flavor for way less money!

Thanks Wyatt for this installment.

Although these are not in my regular rotation of Warped cigars, I do like them on a warm summer morning and early afternoon. A very nice change of pace cigar, with light pepper, animal cracker, cashew and multiple fruit flavors. Although I would rate this slightly higher than Wyatt, it is pretty much negligible.

The wonderful aspect of cigars. :)

Although these are not in my regular rotation of Warped cigars, I do like them on a warm summer morning and early afternoon. A very nice change of pace cigar, with light pepper, animal cracker, cashew and multiple fruit flavors. Although I would rate this slightly higher than Wyatt, it is pretty much negligible.

The wonderful aspect of cigars. :)

I look forward to having another one. I couldn't put my finger on the one flavor I was getting but thought some kind of fruit. You sort of confirming the fruit makes me want to go back and pay more attention to it.

Nice review Wyatt. Sounds interesting enough to warrant giving a few a try.