• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Whiskey Hunt List

ConDaddy

I thought this could be a nice thread. The idea behind this being that we all live in different parts of the country and may have access to bottles that are harder to find for others. I’m not looking for this to be a buy/sell thing. Personally if I find a bottle your looking for I’m happy to pick it up and ship with just being reimbursed for my cost.

Here is how I think it could work:
1: post a list of bottles your looking for, if you like you can post a phone # to be sent a text if found but that’s up to you. If not messages can just be sent here
2: if a bottle is spotted in the wild message that person it can be found and the cost.

Simple enough lol, it might work.
If this isn’t allowed I will remove it.

Current List:
cabaiguan juan: Want: Rock Hill

ConDaddy: Want: Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend, Weller Full Proof,Weller12, Weller 107 EH Taylor Barrel Proof, Stagg Jr (any batch)

Acclaym -Want: Any Weller, Any Willett, Michter's Toasted Barrel, Michter's Barrel Strength, Stagg Jr.

H.Vachon - Want: Any Weller, Midwinter Night’s Dram, 1792 Sweet Wheat or 12 year, Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel, Colonel EH Taylor.

Last edited:
Also, would think it is helpful to update the first post as we go with the bottle being sought and who is soughting it

That way we have a quick reference

If this is allowed I think it’s a great idea. The only issue I see is that harder to find bottles will vary greatly on price from location to location.

if I find something I am happy to send it and just be reimbursed for cost but it might make sense to write down what price per bottle is one willing to pay. The reason I am saying this as an example George stagg is released at around $120 msrp but here in NY I would not be able to find a bottle for less than $500

there is an app called drizzly that allows you to search all the participating stores and at least get an idea of average price one can get that bottle for locally.

If this is allowed I think it’s a great idea. The only issue I see is that harder to find bottles will vary greatly on price from location to location.

if I find something I am happy to send it and just be reimbursed for cost but it might make sense to write down what price per bottle is one willing to pay. The reason I am saying this as an example George stagg is released at around $120 msrp but here in NY I would not be able to find a bottle for less than $500

there is an app called drizzly that allows you to search all the participating stores and at least get an idea of average price one can get that bottle for locally.
Yeah good point, especially with very limited releases like the antique collection stuff. I’m assuming if any of us found it at retail it would be going in our personal collections haha. Unless maybe we found multiples which would be hitting the lotto. Most stuff that I buy for myself I only buy 1 just so I have more variety so I’m always willing to grab extras available for others.

Fun thread, and I'll certainly chime in, just can't this minute. But I wanted to say this will be very helpful. Many releases are regional and it gets tough for some to get ahold of things that should be fairly standard. ConDaddy was a big help to me recently in acquiring something that I don't see much of....at a reasonable price....but he had access to. I'm guessing this idea has stemmed from that experience. I'll post again later, but in the meantime I'll watch the ISO parts of it and see what I can get my arms around here.

Agree, but there’s lots of stuff that’s not BTAC level that is still regional. For example, early in the year I can get as much Eagle Rare as I want at $40. It’s thin now, because it’s bourbon season, but I’ve grabbed that numerous times for other people.

Also, this could be handy for store picks. Many of us would love a shot at simple Buffalo Trace, but store pick. Maybe your store has it.

Yeah, if I come across BTAC at MSRP, it’ll end up on my bar....but I’m happy to look for other stuff if someone is looking for something that’s just not in their area.

Agree, but there’s lots of stuff that’s not BTAC level that is still regional. For example, early in the year I can get as much Eagle Rare as I want at $40. It’s thin now, because it’s bourbon season, but I’ve grabbed that numerous times for other people.

Also, this could be handy for store picks. Many of us would love a shot at simple Buffalo Trace, but store pick. Maybe your store has it.

Yeah, if I come across BTAC at MSRP, it’ll end up on my bar....but I’m happy to look for other stuff if someone is looking for something that’s just not in their area.
@TexasTraveler has already told me that any bottle of Pappy he finds in Texas at retail belongs to me. I’m going to hold him to that hahaha.

I'm in on this. We should also be posting things that are available to you that may be of interest to others, just in case.

Want: Any Weller, Any Willett, Michter's Toasted Barrel, Michter's Barrel Strength, Stagg Jr.

Available Here in NC: Angels Envy, Angel's Envy Rye, Makers 101, Russel's Reserve Store Pick, High West Double Rye Store Pick, High West American Prarie Store Pick, Knob Creek 15yr LE, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare

Good idea:

Want: Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend, Weller Full Proof and 12 Year, EH Taylor Barrel Proof, Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel, Eagle Rare (just looking for 1, difficult to find here)

Available: Buffalo Trace, Angels Envy Rye or Bourbon, Highwest (Double, Prairie, Campfire, Rendezvous rye) Michters, and Russels are usually very easy to find besides the 10 mich. Store picks are next to impossible here other than the occasion Total Wine.

I'm in on this. We should also be posting things that are available to you that may be of interest to others, just in case.

Want: Any Weller, Any Willett, Michter's Toasted Barrel, Michter's Barrel Strength, Stagg Jr.

Available Here in NC: Angels Envy, Angel's Envy Rye, Makers 101, Russel's Reserve Store Pick, High West Double Rye Store Pick, High West American Prarie Store Pick, Knob Creek 15yr LE, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare
I don't drink anymore, but was doing some holiday shopping and they have Weller Special Reserve fifths and handles. $27 and change for a fifth. Would be happy to snag you some if your want.

Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek and Four Roses stuck out at ones I hear you guys mention. But was telling me they got Four Roses special reserve or something in this morning and it sold out in 15 minutes.

Take a look at these sites. My local stores with good selection would be happy to get you anything they sell and you see the price

As far as wants. Wild turkey masters keep, Blantons special editions. Elijah Craig toasted barrel, any limited releases at a decent price

I don't drink anymore, but was doing some holiday shopping and they have Weller Special Reserve fifths and handles. $27 and change for a fifth. Would be happy to snag you some if your want.

Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek and Four Roses stuck out at ones I hear you guys mention. But was telling me they got Four Roses special reserve or something in this morning and it sold out in 15 minutes.
Thanks a ton but I'm stocked up on Special Reserve. If you find any others, even Antique 108 let me know.

I have nothing to offer here, but this is a great idea, Steven!

Rock Hill! Does anyone know where to find some of that?
I’ll let you know but I may have found some. I occasionally search Safeway stores around Arizona for hard to find bottles online. Well found a store today about an hour from me that showed inventory for rock hill farms. I placed a pickup order for 3 bottles (wouldn’t let me do more).
Right now I think I have a 50/50 chance. Sometimes the online inventory doesn’t match so just waiting on confirmation that my order is ready for pickup.