• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This comes as a surprise, said no one ever

Back in the '70s, BUMED estimated that 90% of career personnel were alcoholics. The Navy then authorized beer machines in the living spaces on shore. Go figure.
Nooners were especially prevalent back in the day. If you wanted anything done you'd better do it the morning.
Doc

When I was enlisted in the Wing we had a Senior Chief who was the primary instructor for our Avionics class at NAS Oceana (Virginia Beach). On nice days I'd tell him I had a 6er of Busch (his favorite and mine too at the time) and a couple of Hammys (ham sandwiches) in the cooler in my car. We'd come back from lunch, put in about an hour and that would be it. I'd be on the beach by 14:30. Your tax dollars at work.

On Friday's we would collect a dollar from everyone in our shop and we would go wax the truck. The truck never got cleaned, but by the time to The Colors came on we could barely stand.

Last edited:
Reactions: AVB
Ah, war stories.:D Did I ever tell you guys the story when an entire section of corpsmen was admitted with gastritis. It seems the purple passion was made with 190 proof grain ETOH. Kind of embarrassing, to say the least.

Doc

Ah, war stories.:D Did I ever tell you guys the story when an entire section of corpsmen was admitted with gastritis. It seems the purple passion was made with 190 proof grain ETOH. Kind of embarrassing, to say the least.

Doc
"gastritis" is that what you guys called it eh?

When I was enlisted in the Wing we had a Senior Chief who was the primary instructor for our Avionics class at NAS Oceana (Virginia Beach). On nice days I'd tell him I had a 6er of Busch (his favorite and mine too at the time) and a couple of Hammys (ham sandwiches) in the cooler in my car. We'd come back from lunch, put in about an hour and that would be it. I'd be on the beach by 14:30. Your tax dollars at work.
Sounds a bout like my son.