• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This is funny...

mrjinglesusa

CP Chemist
From a post in a computer forum I frequent discussing Cuban cigars:

Cubans suck, period. The old seeds are gone, and in fact, when the embargo was established, most of the good seed plant went to the Dominican Republic -- and that's why Dominicans are so dadgum good. Cubans, OTOH, no longer maintain their quality because the shop conditions, farming conditions, aging housing, etc., etc.

All that said, Cuban cigars = hype that's totally false. Get Podermos, Avos, or Ashtons.

My response:

You obviously know very little about Cuban cigars. The shop conditions, farming conditions, aging houses, etc., etc. are the best they have been in years. Anyone who knows Cuban cigars can tell you the quality in the last 2-3 years is the best it's been since 1996-1998.

Are there good domestic cigars out there? Absolutely. But to imply that Cuban cigars are overrated and full of hype just shows lack of knowledge and poor taste buds (or, that one has never had a real Cuban cigar). Keep in mind that probably 98% of places a tourist would buy a Cuban cigar in a foreign country (e.g., Jamaica, Bahamas, Mexico, etc.) are 110% FAKE.

Oh, and you forgot to mention Padron and Arturo Fuente. Great domestic cigar lines.

:laugh: :sign:

Jim that is funny, haven't had any Podermos recently :laugh:

While I freely admit (and have posted several times) that I prefer VSG, DCM, PAM etc to the majority of ISOMs I've smoked, I think that's halarious. There are more than enough smokers who prefer Cubans over most anything else made to prove I'm wrong in my preferences.

I also realize that my tastes haven't yet evolved enough to appreciate the flavours, nuances, etc of good Cuban tobacco. I would ass-u-me that will all come in due time.

MrJingles, would you mind PMing me the name of that board?? You have my curiousity aroused.

Now this clown is saying I'm the first person he's heard defending Cuban seed in YEARS. LMAO. He wants me to go and do some research...

Now this clown is saying I'm the first person he's heard defending Cuban seed in YEARS. LMAO. He wants me to go and do some research...

Now that is priceless, you should school him on the research aspect! :laugh:

hmm while I have heard that several of the big names in tobacco knew the embargo was coming and fled to else were to continue there business, that doesn't take away from the essence that is a cuban cigar.

Oh, c'mon guys, we all know why the ISOM's are hype and bad quality....it is due to the weed being in them...jeepers. :D

Oh, c'mon guys, we all know why the ISOM's are hype and bad quality....it is due to the weed being in them...jeepers. :D

LMAO.

What's funny is that I actually came across someone who really believes that there is weed in Cuban cigars. ???

Where people come up with this stuff is beyond me...