• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This Is My Blanton's Review

giphy.gif

I'm actually a fairly recent arrival to bourbon---maybe the last dozen years or so. I've been drinking Scotch since I was old enough to drink in bars. Johnny Walker Black Label. Discovered single malts about the same time I discovered cigars, twenty plus years ago now.

Bourbon came later, under the influence of comments and threads on various cigar and traditional shaving and Viking history boards. Started out with Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek, tried some of the bargain offerings and all the Four Roses, lived the glory days of Stagg (aka Bourbon of the Gods) and eventually settled into 1792 Ridgemont Reserve as my "house" bourbon and Walking Stick as my "good" bourbon.

In all that time, never tried Blanton's. I know, I know. :rolleyes:

It's just that it was $50 and there was always something that was $30 and had been recommended . . .

giphy.gif

But in the meantime, Stagg went the way of the dinosaurs down here, or maybe the unicorns. So did Pappy. And suddenly Blanton's wasn't on the shelf anymore . . . the single case of it my local Spec's has is kept in the office for long time regular customers who ASK. Remember when I scored the bottle of Old Forester's Birthday Bourbon? The Blanton's is in with THAT stash.

Which of course made it irresistible. :D

giphy.gif

So.

Well.

Damn, this is gooooood bourbon. :eek:

Nose is salted caramel and, I shit you not, amber waves of grain. I literally see open fields every time I sniff the glass. First hit on the palate is a round, full rush of cinnamon candied apple followed by a long, lush malted creaminess and the promised caramel on the finish. It's . . . it's perfect.

giphy.gif

Naturally, I discover this AFTER the supply tightens up. Story of my life. o_O

~Boar

One of my favorites too! Did you know that there are eight different style stoppers, one for each letter in the name B L A N T O N S ? I have six of the eight.:)

Yeah, it's "highly allocated" at my local store. A case or two comes in about every three months and they limit it to one bottle per person and most times keep it off of the shelf and save it for regular customers, kinda like the way cigar stores hide the Opus X!