• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thoughts on Graycliff Cigars?

Kxthor911

I was just curious of everyone's take on Graycliff. Why is there MSRP so high when they are actually selling for much lower? Are they quality cigars and the original MSRP is just not obtainable?

Different sites have them at extremely different prices. Some of the ones I have smoked have been good, and some not so. Again, it's your taster that counts. Be sure to check around for prices from trustworthy retailers before you buy. I hate being gouged. :angry:

The only Graycliff I like is the Espresso line. Those are pretty good.

I stick with the Espresso when it comes to this marca. Like others have mentioned...it's the only Graycliff I've enjoyed.

Ive had one of the blue labels, obtained in a trade. Pretty mild, decent flavors. Decent AM stick, nowhere near worth the price IMHO.

Kxthor911 said:
Thanks for the responses. The reason I was asking is because I saw some on cigarbid and the MSRP shown was not the actual selling price on other sites. The MSRP matched the actual price was just lower.

For example. http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1424207/Graycliff-30-Year-Vintage-Pirate-Torpedo-Box-of-15/

I guess I could try some different kinds and if I don't like them maybe trade them around. I'm still new so I do not exactly know what all I like yet.
I've picked up several bundles of various Graycliff cigars at CB (aka "The Devils Site"). It was at $69 when I checked and would have lost my interest about 10 to 15 dollars less if I were interested at all.
They are okay for a yard-gar or casual smoke that I might not finish. Looks like the last time I picked any up was 3/11 and were an EL 2010. I smoked one over the weekend while burning some of the storm debris and tossed it at about 2".

Thanks @LarryH...why is it called "the devils site"?

Because it can become an addiction.

Oh ok. Just making sure they don't send out bad stuff. Thanks.

Jonesy said:
The only Graycliff I like is the Espresso line. Those are pretty good.

this man speaks the truth.

the double espresso (little robusto) was fantastic too.

I have found the Graycliffs only OK, not worth the price.

I have had to delete my CB account several times due to the evil effect of boredom at work and the fun of bidding. It becomes very easy to drop a lot of cash very quickly and run out of humidor space. I used to maintain a humidor at work so the wife wouldn't know just how many cigars were being purchased....

@Kxthor911 Graycliff Cigars made in the Bahamas at our boutique Cigar Company are available through B&M Retailers only (and sometimes on their websites).  The ones you find on Cigar International (1666 etc.) are licensed products and not manufactured by us. Hope this clarifies your question.  Feel free to contact us at cigars [at] graycliff [dot] com.

Graycliff Cigars said:
@Kxthor911 Graycliff Cigars made in the Bahamas at our boutique Cigar Company are available through B&M Retailers only (and sometimes on their websites).  The ones you find on Cigar International (1666 etc.) are licensed products and not manufactured by us. Hope this clarifies your question.  Feel free to contact us at cigars [at] graycliff [dot] com.
Thanks for the information!

Graycliff Cigars said:
How do the manufacturer's get to use your name?

broblues said:

I would imagine it's kind of like leasing a vehicle.  You don't actually "own" the vehicle, you are just buying the rights to "use" the vehicle.

The other manufacturers are probably "leasing" the name from Graycliff.

Graycliff Cigars said:

Very interesting.  While I understand the monetary aspect of it, I don't think ti helps in terms of brand rep.  While it gets the Graycliff label out there to the wider public...what's the reputational cost?

broblues said:
That would be the 'Licensed products' line!

But thanks to Graycliff for stepping in....good to have you here!

I was wondering the same thing. I even looked it up and saw that the bands were very similar. Then I looked up actual Graycliff cigars and some of them are in the 50 dollar range. Not in my budget for sure.