• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To Flame or Not?

sleepyjim

Vet and dam proud of it!
A guy on another board who was/is in a group buy thing has paid first month, nothing for rest, I sent PM's and he aint replied yet even though he has posted. So I am taking it as a blow off. My question is should I flame him or not. I like PM's but since they dont work...........?

Jim

How long has it been, and how much does he owe? Personally, ignoring PM's in itself pisses me off, especially if he's posted.

You don't have to flame him to call him out. The exposure will surely do more damage. He deserves it if he stiffed you though.....my .02

GL Jim! ;)

In the thread, ask if anyone wants to take his place as he isn't welcome to participate anymore. It is simple, concise, and polite.

Emo

If he is posting and ignoring pm's, make a post for him to contact you with a small hint as to what it is. I miss pm's due to a pop-up blocker, they are there, I just don't see the notice. Then see if it needs flame from there.

I'm with Emo. I would just try and get someone to replace him and pick up where he left off.

oops.. Just to correct myself here , I just got my first pm in awhile (since changes)
and it came up as a pink box on the screen, can't miss that!

Thanks guys, I did post in 3 or 4 thread for him to answer his mail. I aint worried about the money, its the principle of it, the honor and trust.

Snivel snivel snivel.........

Jim

We all run into problems. If he needs out for some reason, he definitely needs to let you know about it.

If he refuses to answer PM's and still is there posting. Set him up, knock him down.

Beefcube said:
oops.. Just to correct myself here , I just got my first pm in awhile (since changes)
and it came up as a pink box on the screen, can't miss that!
[snapback]151014[/snapback]​
Yep that is a new feature introduced in 2.0.3 so you can still get notifications when you block pop ups

Brother Jim....I concur with your actions to date. If he choses to ignore you, move on and invite another Brother.

Then, keep your eyes peeled for this guy to act up again. Then provide the info to the potential victim, and let them decide what course of action they will take!

Now, if you get taken for a large sum of $$$$$, FRY HIS @$$ IN PUBLIC!!!! Other than that, be a better man! I know I appreciate it! ;)

Floyd T. ;)

Rod runs this board.

hudsonvalley said:
And it's a very cool feature. Thanks for adding it, Fast. (I assume you did)
[snapback]151067[/snapback]​

Its not a matter of flaming him in public. Its a matter of alerting the rest of your BOTL of some smuk who is unwilling to follow through on his/her obligations.

There is a possibility that this person has never seen your PM's. I've gone days before without realizing I have one. I'd make a post in the main room of this board and title it with the guys name. Message would say something like "Check your PM's, I need a reply on your obligations to the GB". If you can verify that he's been online after that I say you publically state the facts.

There's no need to flame.... "Joe Blow signed up for a GB and after the first week I didn't receive any more payments. I PM'd him and posted for him to contact me but he has choosen not to even though he's still posting actively here. I personally will never be involved with anything that Joe Blow is involved with."

Keep it simple but to the point..... after you're convinced he's had ample notice to explain.