• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's the Day

Tiger

Cigarettes that is. Haven't had one all morning, hoping to be able to hold of on it. Working on a Cohiba that I started Sunday and had to put away. I think that's helping lots. :) I've read here that giving up the cigs will improve the experience when smoking cigars, so I'm waiting for that to kick in too.

My advice: Avoid gas stations like the plague! If you buy them your screwed.

You can do it...you just have to want it bad enough. It's tough, but it can be done.

Good luck bro! I made the same commitment and have been off them over a week.

Good luck! They say the first couple of weeks are the most difficult. I quit cold turkey and never looked back since

It's all about willpower. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 5 years, and never will again. Good luck, and keep your eye on the goal.

I went cold turkey on 10 July 2001 after 32 years and haven't had a cig since. If you want to, you can do it.

August 16, 1996 after 20 years here. 3 days of patch, then I broke out in hives and went at it cold turkey. Started having a cigar whenever the cravings got too bad. Eventually, the cravings went away . . . discovered I really liked cigars. Haven't had a cigarette since.

~Boar

Good luck bro! I chewed Copenhagen for 15 years. That is almost half my life. Just one day I finally quit cold turkey. Went thru many set backs and fell of the wagon quite a few times. I had to substitute the habit for something else. The greatest feeling was filling my mouth with chew after my morning coffee. Damn, what a rush...just hard to break those habits when you are used to them on the morning drive, after lunch or for dessert after dinner.

Good luck Tiger, you can dooooit!

I smoked cigs for 28-1/2 years. I'm one of those that after trying everything, put myself on Chantix. Ended up not smoking for 10 days, smoked a cigar, started that hobby and also started dipping. I'm fine with substituting for now. My lungs feel better and I don't crave cigarettes anymore.
I got what I wanted.....just to quit cigs
smile.gif
(small miracles at a time)

I know you can do it Tiger, we are here for you. I quit August of 1987 and haven't smoked one since........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

I quit about a year and a half ago. You can do it if you want to. The trick for me was getting to the point where I truly wanted to quit.

I found that eating Tootsie Pops and Blow Pops really eased the process.

Good luck, man!! I can't imagine how hard that is. You could always try the Uncle Buck plan: "Isn't that something? I'm on to cigars now. I'm on to a five-year plan. I eliminated cigarettes, then I go to cigars, then I go to pipes, then I go to chewing tobacco, then I'm on to that nicotine gum. "