• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Took my oldest to college yesterday

junkman_56

cigar smokin' caver
Yesterday I had one of those momentous days as a parent when your first child goes off to college.
We drove down to JMU (James Madison University) in the morning and got him all set up.
He met his roommate (another geek) and got him settled in.
I’m looking forward to see how he grows into a man now that he’s on his own.

College these days is a great time of transition for a child.
They are on their own and making their own decisions, yet still comes home on a regular basis.

Last night I sat down with a WOAM and thought about how he has grown.
I’m very proud of him and am looking forward to seeing him during the Thanksgiving break.

Congrats on the milestone!

Buy a bigger washer and dryer for that Thanksgiving visit. :laugh:

I just took my oldest to kindergarten yesterday. I got a ways to go.

Congrats to you on getting your first prepared to start on the road to adulthood and responsiblity. That's a great accomplishment and you should feel very proud.

congrats on that,

i work at a university and all the students are slowly coming in and all the parents with the those faces that say yeah my childs in college and at the same time im losing my lil one.

Congratulations on the milestone. I know I grew a great deal from my first year of college to my last. Best of luck to your son! :)

Carl...the range of emotions is incalculable. I took my oldest to college last year at this time.

The excitement of shopping for all the stuff he needed to move away from home for the first time. Loading the car with such lofty expectations of his future. Watching him during the ride there for any sign of about this life changing event. Setting up the dorm room to make it as comfortable and like home as possible. Then the goodbye in the parking lot before the ride home, hoping there wasn't anything you forgot to tell him before you left him behind. That ride home for me was full of excitement and sadness because our family unit had now changed for ever.

Saying to myself, "If we did our jobs as parents correctly, he'll survive"...and I'm sure you guys did too.

But be comforted by the thought that when you do this again next year, when he's a sophomore....you won't feel like this at all and probably can't wait to get his ass out the door!...and him too! :laugh: Once they get a wiff of freedom.......

Great times to see our boys grow into men...and banging heads with them on occasion! I still remember how the phone conversations changed as the year progressed, how his confidence level increased day by day.

I'm sure you know already, but keep on him this first semester...learning the ropes of college by developing good study habits is paramount....preach time management. They'll do whatever they want, but a nudge here and there works wonders.

Congrats to you and you wife....and keep us posted on his progress.

Gary

PS: Did you put the JMU decal on the rear window of your cars yet? :thumbs:

I am the third child in my family and I moved myself in freshmen year. If your son comes home with a present, it is probably going to be dirty laundry. At any rate, congrats!

-Mark

Congratulations!

The day I dropped my daughter off was probably the toughest day (emotionally) of my life. I was proud of her, but it was tough letting my little girl go. I didn't talk for 3 days.

I didn't have to deal with if with the son, he went locally.

Ken

I just took my oldest to kindergarten yesterday. I got a ways to go.

Congrats to you on getting your first prepared to start on the road to adulthood and responsiblity. That's a great accomplishment and you should feel very proud.

Ah CRAP!! You took that little hellion to Kindergarten?!?!? It's all downhill from here buddy... :whistling:

the-omen-damien-crosses.jpg

:sign: :sign: :sign: J/k, his daddy raises him the right way!!! :thumbs: