• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tower Cigars, Sacramento

jfk742

Beedogs are a sign of impotency
So my wife drags me down to Sacramento, Ca. for some two year olds b-day, and I'm hemming and hawwing the whole way. I don't even think I'll have a chance to smoke a cigar. When we get down there her mom wants to meet us for dinner at some place called Tower, thats when my ears perk up, Tower? could that have anything to do with the cigar shop I've heard about, hmmm?

Well we get there about 4:30 pm and low and behold there's a guy with a tell tale ziplock bag that says, "fine cigars" on it coming out of some little shop on an inconspicuous corner of a movie theater. And there it is, Tower cigars. Hey honey I'll be right back. As I walk in I find a cozy cigar shop with a couple of guys enjoying some pipes and Mark giving me a welcome to his shop. Right on, I think to myself, an oasis. He and I get to talking and turns out he knows my local tobacconist, Dion and that he carries his line as well. Mark made me feel right at home. I paroused his selection and picked a couple of nice looking sticks and went to make my purchase. As I stood there Mark told me to hold on a second and took off into the back, I assumed for a baggy for my smokes. He comes walking back out with a cigar in his hand and says, 'you had one of these?', and I reply, trying not to drool, 'oh yeah!' then he drops it in the bag and said that it was nice meeting me and to have a good one while here in Sac.

I was astounded. Lets just say I think I got the better end of that deal. Well I went skipping back to the restaurant to tell my mother-in-law and wife what just happened and that we need to go back to my truck so I can get a stick to return the favor. After dinner I rushed to my truck then back to Tower just before they closed. I walked in and thanked him again for the cigar he gave me and asked if he had tried one of these, turns out he hadn't and that started another discussion about cigars. We spoke for another 10 minutes or so and as I was about to leave he pulled out another stick and handed it to me then said to enjoy it and have a nice trip, I tried to give it back and told him he's already been too kind, but he insisted and who am I to say no to a great looking cigar.

Well thanks to him it made it all worth while, and shed a little light on an other wise dreary day. I had been having a pretty crappy one up until then.

Thanks again Mark, I think I might enjoy one of those smoke tonight.

-John

Great story!!

And yes Mark truly is top-notch! Hopefully I'll be able to meet him one of these days :thumbs:

I agree. Mark is what a good retailer is all about. I to hope are paths one day cross.........who knows?

Mark

I'll be stopping by when I come up to Reno to bother you sometime. Can't believe I have let it go this long without making it up there

Mark is a top-notch individual. I cannot recommend enough..

Gotta love Tower Pipes & Cigars, Mark is top notch in my book :thumbs:

Hmmmmmm ...... I wonder if he has any of the AF Chateau's that I missed out on.

:cool:

I've had nothing but excellent experiences with Tower, and Mark.

I only order from a short list of suppliers, and he's at the top. Thanks Mark!

Sounds like a great experience! I don't know Mark, but I ordered a box of GOF's from him and the delivery time was quick and the cigars are great!

great story, it's nice to have a list of the great cigar shops/people

It's was my pleasure John. Anytime you are in Sacramento and have time please stop by the shop!

I look forward to it!

Mark has my highest recommendation. Do not hesitate to contact him.

Cheers,
antaean

Yep, as has been documented elsewhere here, Mark/Tower are damn good people. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Looks like we need to plan a road trip to visit.

I will be sure to stop by if I am ever in the area.

Edit for typo