• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Tupperdor

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
Have any of you made a tupperdor for travelling purposes. I will be going on a trip in a few weeks and was looking to take a few cigars with me. I was thinking of using a small tupperdor with some beads.

Have any of you tried this? and if so, how much of the beads do I use?

Hey Ric, I've got a sweet little traveldor I hardly use anymore. Can I send it along with your Sancho? As far as beads go I'll leave that to someone else as I just placed my first order with Climmax. I use a Paradigm Travel humidifier which works real well.

lucasbuck said:
Hey Ric, I've got a sweet little traveldor I hardly use anymore. Can I send it along with your Sancho?

Well, I'm not gonna say no, LOL. Thanks :thumbs: .

I'll be sure to pass it along to someone who may need it at a later date. Maybe it will become the official CP traveldor, LOL.

Would still like to know about how much of the beads to put in a little tupperdor.

I only trust my cigars to Climmax and that includes when I travel. I use a Herf'dor which is basically a Pelican Case that has cedar and/or foam trays for the cigars. The humidifier I use for traveling is....

tubos1.jpg

I would HIGHLY recommend contacting Bruddah Vern. If you want something smaller there are small pre-made pouches with beads too but I can't remember the name. These also work well.

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
I would HIGHLY recommend contacting Bruddah Vern.
I tried to contact Vern through their email over there at Climmax and they shined me :( Is there a secret email that they might respond to? I mean I ordered anyway because of all the high praise heaped upon them here at CP but I'd still like to ask the mysterious Vern a few questions :)

You can email Vern at museumgrade@aol.com or give him a call! Vern's number is listed on climmax.com I know Vern's been swamped not only doing Climmax but also with his regular work.... Climmax is a side business for Vern. For those of you who didn't know it... Vern is a master woodworker and his skills are in high demand. Maybe one day we can talk Vern into making some humidors or cabinets as I know he'd make some awesome creations but that's not what he does in terms of woodworking.

Call him Bruddah and if he's tied up leave a message... I'm sure Vern will get back to you as soon as he can! You'll love talking with Vern... he's a great guy and a great Bruddah!

Aloha,

Wade

Thanks again Bruddah Wade! I will give him a call and tell him you sent me :D Oh and hey I'd still like to meet you in Vegas if possible but it will have to be either sometime the 17th or before 11:00 am on the 18th as I have to be at the airport by noon. Will that possibly work for you?

I haven't forgotten Bruddah Craig! I'm still trying to find out what we're planning on doing but it's taking awhile to coordinate with my buddies as there are 8 of us coming up for the game... LOL! If I don't get an answer from them then I'm thinking either late Wednesday night we can hookup for a nightcap and a 'gar or we can get together for breakfast and a 'gar on Thursday morning. I'll keep you posted Bruddah!

Aloha,

Wade

Remember that the tupperware is airtight. That makes it very easy to overhumidify the sticks. If your not going to be gone over 2 weeks you shouldn't need to humidify the container as long as you don't leave it open.

Ok, I better qualify that statement, that's considering your travel tupperware isn't a 15 gallon box like Wade's. ;)