• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trip to the Domincwn

JBL11183

Lurker
Hey guys.. My best friend and fellow BOTL is leaving for Punta Cana DR on Tuesday and he is gonna staying at the hard rock. I was hoping to get some feedback on how the hotels cigar shop is if anyone has been there. Also if anyone has any recommendations on places he can go to good sticks.. He obviously knows to beware of fake ISOM And what not. He's not even to worried about getting ISOM. He was just hoping to find some good cigars hopefully some Opus.

Also the first few days they are calling for rain and we were looking into possibly getting him into a tour of Chateau de la Fuente but we haven't been able to to find any info.. Anything you guys could tell us would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I was there last semptember, stayed in punta cana. You will see pleny of street people selling the god ole fakies. There are some very good local vendors that roll and sell them. I bought fron two different vendors, both great smokes, wll worth the money. Can post some pictures when I get a chance. Also, there are some local cigar factories that was very interisting to watch. I stayed at the majestic. The hard rock looked great, it behind a 8 foot cement wall (all of the nicer hotels are like that to keep out the locals and provide privacy). Be carefull, they will try to sell you anything you can think of, have fun!

Bring your own ONLY. The DR is an export only country. They (we) produce cigars for export. If a shop or hotel wants cigars, the have to import them back into the country. An example, I bought a Macanudo 1968 when they first came out, It was $20 USD in Puerto Plata. I also saw a box of Opus at the Duty Free store going for $1100 USD. If your friend wants fresh rolled, there are rollers in every hotel that sell cheap. And do not buy the Cubans. ALL FAKE. He can take a factory tour, and get some free cigars.