• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TSA PSA

mmburtch

Sleep deprived and cranky
They changed the rules again! Cigar cutters are no longer allowed in carry-on.

I've always been afraid take my cutter in my carry-on. Seems like it depends on which agent checks you bag. So I end up having to just bite the tip off.

I've carried punch cutters that hang on my keychain with no problem.

So how long until flying requires mandatory sedation????

At the rate we're going rolled up sky mall magazines will be deemed dangerous.

So how long until flying requires mandatory sedation????

At the rate we're going rolled up sky mall magazines will be deemed dangerous.

Scotch and Vodka used to be the mandatory methods back in the old days.

I've carried punch cutters that hang on my keychain with no problem.

I had one taken from me once upon a time. Really ridiculous. They took both the cutter and the sleeve. Some agent is still enjoying it I suppose.

I bought some cheap plastic cutters for flying. Surprising how inconsistent they are about confiscating / not confiscating. Unless it's an extended stay I'll cut a couple, bag 'em, and call it good.

That is so stupid. What damage can you do with a cigar cutter?

Not nearly as much as you could with a sharpened pencil.

We as a nation, hell, as a species, have allowed bureaucratic organizations to chip away at our liberties (not our rights, those are codified) bit by bit "for the greater good." Suffice to say, I don't foresee marches in the streets demanding the right to wear shoes at security checkpoints.

I just put both a v cutter and a cheap lighter in my toiletry carry-on bag. Mixed in with all of the other stuff, its never been nabbed.

They changed the rules again! Cigar cutters are no longer allowed in carry-on.
If my dick was as small as theirs I would be afraid of Cigar cutters, too! :) Poor little miscreants.

If its a shorter trip and I'm only bringing my 5 ct case, I'll pre-cut all the cigars and leave the cutters at home. For some reason a bic lighter is still allowed so I keep one in my bag and we're off.