• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Uber rare one of a kind smoke

ashauler

None for me, thanks.
Smoked this on Saturday evening. It was my second attempt to smoke one of the first experimental crop from Granja del Perro Enojado, rolled at 11 pulgares fábrica de tabacos.

This was 100% Long Red Leaf from the 29 August harvest. Truthfully, it wasn't that bad of a smoke. It was obviously young, very floral at the start, but I could taste some earthy, deep components to the flavor profile that should come out more with further aging. The burn wasn't too bad for the first 2/3's of the stick, but canoed heavily in the last third. I blame the roller.

I have identified some errors that I made with fertilization, watering, and harvesting that contributed heavily to the difficulty I had in curing most of the leaves and further complicated the fermenting and aging processes as well. Time appears to be the only cure for it. All in all, I'm happy with what I got accomplished this year and I'm eagerly awaiting that last frost.

Very cool! Not a bad looking stick either! You should find that roller though and have a talk with them... :sign:

Thats really cool Jamie, are you planning on sticking to the same type of plant this time around or are you going to try something new?

Thats really cool Jamie, are you planning on sticking to the same type of plant this time around or are you going to try something new?

I'm going to do both, actually. I'm going to replant the Small Stalk Black Mammoth and Florida Sumatra along with some new cigar varieties, and I'm gonna give some pipe tobacco a shot this year. Here is my plan:

Cigar Tobaccos:
CT Broadleaf
PA Broadleaf
Havana 142
Small Stalk Black Mammoth
Florida Sumatra

I'm going to try to get 10-12 plants each of the Sumatra and the broadleafs to use as wrappers/binders primarily and about 12-15 plants of the other cigar varieties for filler. Obviously, they can all be used for whatever purpose, but I'm gonna try to be extra nice to those three specifically. You'd be amazed at what little bumps and bruises, that look very minor when the leaf is green, turn into during the curing and fermenting processes. The broadleaf should also be a thick and sturdy leaf that might even hold up to maduro processing.....I hope.

Pipe Tobaccos: All are Burley varieties:
TN90 - Also known as Tennesee Red
ERGO - white stemmed burley
Yellow Twist Bud-- Heirloom variety of Burley

I'm going to try to limit myself to about 10 plants of the burley varieties. These are totally new to me, and while the mechanics of growing the stuff is pretty much the same as the cigar varieties, the processing afterwards is totally different. Even the harvesting is done in a completely different manner, though I will experiment with priming some of it as I'm told it mellows out the finished smoke somewhat. Since I'm not growing any of the milder "Virginia" types I figure I'll need something milder and smoother to blend with......perhaps I'll use some of the cigar tobacco. I've already done some experimenting with different casings and processing techniques. Some have been abject failures, others have been tolerable, and one has actually been quite good considering all that I'm playing with now is cigar tobaccos. Oh well, even the failures aren't too bad since I usually grab some scotch and a Padron to, uh, rinse my mouth out. :D

Wow can't wait to follow the progress! :thumbs:

Fantastick! :D I still have some leaves from my crop a couple years ago that I need to roll up, actually have one rolled that's been sitting, might fire it up the weekend (or sooner). Good luck on this year's crop!