• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UFC 129

Nashkicker

Kick Ass Duke
Overall I thought it was a great card with some very entertaining undercard fights. The new PPV start time of 9pm was perfect.

Jose Aldo lumped up Hominick something fierce. I have never seen a nastier lump ,he looked like the Elephant man! luckily for Aldo he built up a nice lead in the early rounds because he was completely out of gas in the final round. Machida looked as elusive as ever against the great Randy Couture. I find it very interesting that the first two fighters in the UFC to work with Steven Segal win their bouts with front kicks (Anderson Silva being the other). GSP looks bored to me. i dont think he has been seriously challenged in a long time.I would like to see him end fights in a dominant fashion but at this point in his career he doesnt take unnecessary risks. I think now is the time to move up and fight Silva.

Edit to add: On a cigar note enjoyed a Anejo while watching the fights and have to say it was one of the most enjoyable smokes I have had in a while. Thanks again Alan!

Other than the Aldo fight and Machida's Karate Kid kick finisher, what a bore. That main event was billed as some sort of Hogan vs Warrior, Tyson vs Lewis, Lays vs Pringles fight. Of course it wasn't. Shields looked scared to mix it up and GSP looked scared to take it to the ground and mix it up there. Glad I didn't pay for that PPV