• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UFC 167

Charley

The Coolest Guy You Know
I'm a big GSP fan but I think Johny Hendricks got robbed tonight.

His face looked like hamburger after the fight.  GSP has more total punches, but I would say Big Rigg definitely had the won the effeccdtive damage.

I agree Hendricks won that fight. I feel like GSP might not be in it mentally anymore...wouldn't be surprised if he walks away

Late to the party here.  I've watched the fight two more times since then.  I was swearing at the TV when the decision was announced.  Look at replays, NO ONE in that Octagon thought GSP was going to be announced the winner.  Dana had already begun turning towards Hendricks, and Yamasaki was beginning to raise his hand, as well.  Even GSP's camp (save for Firas, even though I think he was putting up a false bravado because he felt he had to) all thought they were hosed and looked surprised.  

On further retrospection and review, it was a closer fight than it seemed at the time.  I was initially so upset, I think, out of the shock that "Nobody has EVER brought it to GSP like that before, so Hendricks MUST be the winner!".  Johny landed the harder strikes, he had Georges hurt on more than one occasion, but GSP did outstrike him, round for round.  Rounds 3 and 5 were GSP's rounds.  I *still* gave round one to Hendricks, but it wasn't the overall highway robbery I initially thought it was.  Now, Johny Hendricks needs to shut his trap before he turns away all the people who were initially supporting him after the decision.  He's burying himself with his mouth this last week.  

Johny Hendricks should have won the 5th, but he (rightfully) thought he was ahead on the cards.  I can't tell you how much respect I actually gained for GSP seeing him bring it in the 5th.  Rather than be defeated, he brought it big time.  I was chatting with a friend online at the time, and when the 4th ended, I recall saying to him, "I don't think GSP has ever been in the situation before where he HAD to finish in order to win a fight, has he?".  Georges acted like he knew that fact and didn't let up for that 5 minutes.  He stole the fight in the 5th, and Hendricks gave it away.  

I'm not even going to speculate on what GSP's "personal issues" are, because there are so many rumors flying around.  I hope he decides either way here real soon so the division isn't left in limbo.  I don't want another "interim" champ.  Either he's going to fight and defend, or he vacates.  Let him have an immediate title shot when/if he comes back, but don't hold the division hostage any more.

Just watched it today. I'm a huge gsp fan but the problem with young fighters who get hurt like he did is they get gun shy. You can see it over and over. Guys go undefeated until they finally get a vicious KO or injury and they just aren't the same. They don't engage the fight like they used to and take less risk. That's why they talk about veterans who have come back from this sort of thing.