• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UGH grrr WTF

Nate1977

UNIMPEACH CHAD
Yes I haven't posted in awhile but still have been reading.
Just need to vent. Aunt needs/needed a new kidney ,couldn't find 1 since last year, the whole family has been getting tested her sister ended up being a match , so her sister is giving her a kidney.
My aunt went in yesterday to have both kidneys removed (PKD) , surgery went well. However today they tried to do dialysis and couldn't get needle in, said they are going to try again tommorow, (has to do dialysis every other day for 6 weeks).I guess if an emergency arises they can put a tube in her neck.

Sorry bout that brother. Surely they will get it tomorrow. Best wishes with this

Prayers and good thoughts are with you and your family. I’m sure it’s a stressful time, just hang I there and hope for the best.

Hang in there, positive vibes heading your way.
Dialysis has come a long way since my father in law was on it in the late 90's.

I wish her good luck on the transplant, and a speedy recovery.

Thanks all , guess they are going to try dialysis again around 1pm today. Hopefullythe can get needle in this time, keeping my fingers crossed.

So nb they did not try today , they are going to try tommorow now. This is getting worrisome to me, but guess they know what they are doing.

Serious medical issue can drive you nuts (ex: Doctors, Hospitals, Health Ins. providers) if you let it. Be strong for your Aunt and keep her thinking of positive results...THAT'S the most important thing you can do. Listen to her fears and try to put them to rest...it's going to be a long road for her after the transplant. The drug regimen post op is going to be difficult. Finding that sweet spot to get them all to work together takes time. Be with her each step of the way!

Your Aunt is in my prayers....

Serious medical issue can drive you nuts (ex: Doctors, Hospitals, Health Ins. providers) if you let it. Be strong for your Aunt and keep her thinking of positive results...THAT'S the most important thing you can do. Listen to her fears and try to put them to rest...it's going to be a long road for her after the transplant. The drug regimen post op is going to be difficult. Finding that sweet spot to get them all to work together takes time. Be with her each step of the way!

Your Aunt is in my prayers....

Thank you , been trying to keep the positive flowing.

Keeping your entire family in my thoughts. As said, positive thinking by everyone will go a long way -- help her keep her head up.

Great advice from Gary. All the best to your aunt.