• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Uncle Joes Farm

anvil

Distant Member
Hey mates.
We got Uncle Joe out at his farm now so he can lay in bed and look at his land and stock. He is just hanging on for dear life, a real hard man.
I dont really want to post a pic of him as he looks pretty bad now so Im just gunna post some pics of his farm for youall to see where I grew up.

Looking out from the front door to the south at 6am
DSC00505.jpg

Same view but an hour later.
DSC00506.jpg

Looking north from the old Milking shed.
DSC00508.jpg

The Old milking shed. Joe had to stop milking as he developed a allergy to the milk.
DSC00511.jpg

Looking east from the Milking shed
DSC00509.jpg

Uncle Joe just after WW2. He has been telling be about his time in Belgium and how he was captured by the SS. He was on the run with the resistance for over 6 months. Then was a thorn in the SS commanders side the whole time he was as POW. He was getting interrogated, and stole the SS mans still lit cigar, and took it back to his mates. LOL. Go Uncle Joe...
DSC00513.jpg

Those are some great pictures brother, thanks for sharing...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Nice pictures and land. Thanks for sharing the info about your Uncle Joe and the short story.

Good pics and interesting story.

I am not sure how open he has been about those types of things before now but ask him about as much of his past as you can and he is comfortable sharing. That is one of the biggest regrets I have was never asking my grandfather about his time serving. Even my grandmother knows nothing about his time away.

Excellent pics and story. Sounds like he will be a tough old guy right to the end. On 'im.

Good pics and interesting story.

I am not sure how open he has been about those types of things before now but ask him about as much of his past as you can and he is comfortable sharing. That is one of the biggest regrets I have was never asking my grandfather about his time serving. Even my grandmother knows nothing about his time away.

I hear that, my grandpap used tell me and my brother about all kinds of stuff during his service days. The only thing is, I barely remember all of them anymore sadly.

Great Pictures and story. Good luck to him. My Great Uncle lived to 99 and by himself as a bachelor up until his final year. Still was driving his car and everything. Had an amazing mind and remembered dates and years and events very clearly. Thankfully one of my relatives recorded a few conversations over dinner and he told a few stories of his childhood and family. I wish we had more. There are many stories and some history of our land/farms that I've already forgotten.

Those recordings are wonderful to listen to. Just to hear his dark gravely voice again 10 years after he passed is amazing.

Most all WWII vets I've met have been amazing individuals. Quite a generation. They grew up in the Depression (here in the states anyway) and fought in Europe and the Pacific. Just amazing people.

Your Uncle ran a sheep farm, I presume?

Those photos look like they are from the tourism boards brochure.
Man that's a beautiful place.
Thanks for sharing, give our best to uncle Joe.

Thanks for the reply s guys.
I got this cool little camera that is just cool. Its a Sony DSC T700 real easy to use and takes the most amazing pic's.

I'm trying to get as much info off Joe as I can, but hes starting to drift into a bad mental state.
Its braking my heart watching him this way. I'm having a hard time copeing with it all. I thought i was tough but I'm not.

Absolutely beautiful scenery. Sorry to hear about your Uncle Joe and try and hang in there the best you can. Thoughts and prayers sent.

Its braking my heart watching him this way. I'm having a hard time copeing with it all. I thought i was tough but I'm not.
I felt the same way when I lost my dad a few years back. You are tough, and the love you have for your uncle will get you through the dark hours, my friend. Over time your grief will fade and fond memories will take their place.

The very best thoughts your way - B.B.S.

its tough to see anyone you care about in pain, thanks for sharing the pics the land is beautiful
prayers and best wishes sent

New Zealand is beautiful country. Had a Penpal who lived outside of Gore. Last I knew he moved to the north Island. His mother and brother moved to Australia.

Awesome.

I learn more and more to respect those who have lived through those times.

Thanks.