• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

University of Kentucky

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
Well it has been a crazy week.  As many of you all know I am in medical school.  Monday I found out that I will be going into orthopaedic surgery for my specialty.  The whole week we waited to find out where we were going to do our specialties and today was the day.  I will be going to the University of Kentucky for orthopaedic surgery.  It was a long week and a long four years in medical school but everything worked out in the end.  UK was where I wanted to end up.

Congrats Domingo! I remember you saying UK was your top choice, good for you!

ChiefMD, wait til ya get there!  Them "Big Blue" fans are a crazy bunch.  I am a born and raised Kentuckian and unfortunately have had to move away.  Wouldn't trade the Commonwealth for anything (if only the folks in Frankfort could get their collective heads out of their asses!).  Good luck, Brother.  

Floyd T.

PS: Couple guys on the board are from the Lex/Louisville area.  Look em up.  Great guys!

Chief that's great news brother. Wishing you all the best in Kentucky.

Congrats. PunkLawyer is a UK alum. You need to learn their cheer for the football season. "wait til basketball season."

Thanks guys. Haha yea I hear basketball is bigger than football there.

Smokin'Sims said:
Congrats. PunkLawyer is a UK alum. You need to learn their cheer for the football season. "wait til basketball season."

Your absolutely correct, he was. He had a difficult time at first, wanting to wear his kilt to his majors class, Ballet, but he finally conformed. Although,  I think he still holds a bit of a contemptuous grudge over the whole affair.

chiefmd said:
Obmike does ob stand for OB/GYN?

Yes.  Although I only do inpatient OB now.

My medical school mentor was an ortho that went to UK for medical school and then Yale for residency.  He used to tell me Ortho was "small hats, big shirts".  He shit when I went into Ob.

Have fun.  It is a good field.

M

Thanks. Looking forward to it. It's a great program with a great group of guys.