• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Use a Printer for Blank Cigar Bands

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.
Anthony (Tone-NY) gave me a ERDM Choix Supreme from 98 or 99. This cigar was unbanded that year. Well, the white band on the cigar he gave me had the vitola, marca and box code listed on it... In fact, it appeared as though the label had been printed using a computer.

Does anyone have information on how this is accomplished? I'm left handed and a guy, which means my handwriting is atrocious. I'd love to use my computer to create labels for my unbanded cigars. :)

Thanks,

Rob

P.S. I PM'ed the individual from whom Anthony received the cigars, I hope he chimes in...

Anthony (Tone-NY) gave me a ERDM Choix Supreme from 98 or 99. This cigar was unbanded that year. Well, the white band on the cigar he gave me had the vitola, marca and box code listed on it... In fact, it appeared as though the label had been printed using a computer.

Does anyone have information on how this is accomplished? I'm left handed and a guy, which means my handwriting is atrocious. I'd love to use my computer to create labels for my unbanded cigars. :)

Thanks,

Rob

P.S. I PM'ed the individual from whom Anthony received the cigars, I hope he chimes in...

I wish I had some more of those :(

LOL...I forgot to mention that the cigar was damn good!

The band looked very sharp. I'd love to scrap my current bands (that are short on adhesive anyway) and figure out a better band as well.

Sometimes I get some avery mailing labels you can get at *staples, scan or create a label in photoshop, save it as a jpeg image file and import it into microsoft word label template and print. Since the label has the entire back with adhesive, I'll cut a peice of plain paper to the back of the label so that the entire label doesn't stick to a cigar. Or if it has a cello, I'll just tape it onto that.

edit *

PTouch QL500 from Brother :thumbs:

Brian

I use the Avery 05440 label all day long for addressing interoffice envelopes. They are 1 1/2 x 3 and run through a laser printer fine. Keyzers paper backing idea sounds fine for affixing directly to cigars can send you the Word template for them if you like

Go to Avery Design and Print Online <--Linky

Use the wizard to choose the label ‘template’ that fits the size you want. I use anything that’s around ½ x2 usually from the ‘divider and tabs’ menu. The wizard will let you add whatever text and graphics you can fit on it, then print it on regular paper and cut them out.