• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vacation Ideas?

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Summer is around the corner and we were thinking of going to the beach for a couple of days. Probably just a long weekend seeing as I cannot miss work that long. We've been looking and I just cannot believe how much the prices of hotel rooms in Florida (and other beach locations) has gone up! I was wondering if anyone knew of any smaller cities or anywhere that the rates wouldn't be too bad in July... We are in Tennessee and we plan on driving, so it will have to be on in the South East region here. Thanks for any help or ideas.

ls should be 'off season' in July - too friggin' hot.

You may want to check again.

Myrtle's nice.

Looking into these areas: Fort Myers Beach, Naples, and Bonita Beach (all on the west coast of Florida).

Get you one of these:

cab370_indx.jpg

I'd just get a deal on hotwire the day before my trip. I just checked rates for Southbeach this weekend using hotwire, and they have 3 star rooms for $60 and 4 star for $100. I frequently get deals on 4 star hotels in Chicago from $80-100 a night, and these are nice digs.

ls should be 'off season' in July - too friggin' hot.

You may want to check again.

Myrtle's nice.

That is what I thought... I was out voted. :rolleyes:

Get you one of these:

cab370_indx.jpg

That's where I'd rather go... I was out voted... :rolleyes:

Is anyone else seeing a pattern. :sign:

I'm going to check on the things mention already, but keep them coming! More ideas the better, and thanks! :D

Dude, if you're out voted on all your ideas, have her pick :sign:

Amen.

If you're looking for beaches, the Carolinas are good idea if Florida is out. Savannah too might be an idea, if you've not been. Don't rule out Florida though. It generally gets a little more costly the further south you go, but try places along the Gulf...Pensacola, Orange/Destin (Alabama beaches along there are great - as is the Flori-Bama area), Sarasota/Longboat Key and, if you look down to Ft. Myers/Naples like someone else mentioned, check out Sanibel, Captiva, 10,000 islands areas....great stuff there. You can also get into W. Palm, Boca and Ft. Lauderdale relatively inexpensively. Of course, out of all those places, you can't beat So. Beach and Miami, but just tossing out ideas for ya.

So, is the that "give and take" system I've heard about so much? :laugh:

I know you're not married yet, but YES. Well, it's not really a give and take, it's a take take take on their part. No matter what you suggest, they aren't happy and it's not worth your trouble.

Just have her pick and you pay for it, is what I've learned :sign:

LMAO.

You won't go wrong in NC and that should be a short enough drive for you. Myrtle is crowded all the time right now but there is everything in the world to do there. SC beaches are more laid back with the more south you go.

Senor MC had a great suggestion with Alabama. My best friend took the family to the Alabama Shores last summer and everyone enjoyed themselves and he said it was relatively light on the wallet. :rolleyes: BTW - the Give and Take is the rule - You give and she takes. :laugh: :whistling:

Sitting in the Northern Outer Banks right now. Anywhere on the OBX is a great place to be.

I do the Jersey shore. Wildwood Crest. Southern tip of NJ. Huge, usually uncrowded beach and lots of accomodation options.
Good luck and enjoy.

I do the Jersey shore. Wildwood Crest. Southern tip of NJ. Huge, usually uncrowded beach and lots of accomodation options.
Good luck and enjoy.

That's a nice part of the country. Have some dear friends out near there and hit it in fall once - around November. It was beautiful.

I know it's too far for you, but if you ever get the chance try Old Orchard Beach Maine. There's nothing like a sleazy New England Beach town. Amusement park, lobster, fried Clams, and damned near naked French Canadian women. It's a good time, especially if your young.

Doc.

I know it's too far for you, but if you ever get the chance try Old Orchard Beach Maine. There's nothing like a sleazy New England Beach town. Amusement park, lobster, fried Clams, and damned near naked French Canadian women. It's a good time, especially if your young.

Doc.

....and funnel cakes with Moxie cream sodas.

Funnel cakes? That's PA. Don't you mean fried dough?

Doc.