• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Value Line Nic No. 300

Saxjazzman

This thread will review:

Name: Value Line Nicaraguan No. 300 (Toro)
Size: 6.00 x 50
Wrapper: NIC Corojo Natural
Binder: NIC Habano
Filler: NIC Habano
MSRP: 20 cigars in a bundle for $55
Price Payed: $27.95
Stated Strength: Med to Full
Comments: This cigar can be had for less at auction if you are patient. This is a cigar put out by Famous in PA. These cigars have been aging in the humi for close to a year.

For original thread discussion see Start Up Thread

To keep it standard, we would rate the cigars in three categories.

A) Appearance--How the cigar looks, how the pre-light smell is, the wrapper, etc.

B) Taste---How is the taste? Spicy, strong, bland, airball, etc. How did the taste progress, etc.

C) Construction---How did the cigar perform in terms of draw, burn, ash, etc.

To rate the cigars we would use a number from 5 to 10, 5 being one you would not even give Fidel to smoke and ten being a damm good cigar. The final rating number would be determined by the following:

A + B + (1.5)C divided by 3.5. This is similar to how Cigar Magazine does it but it is a little different. I realize that this is not perfect and there may be better ways but this would work also. Thanks for the reviews!!

Usually, if I review a cigar and I have more than 1, I will smoke 1 or 2 without paying much attention to it so I get a general feel for it (i.e. like it, dislike it, general impressions) which is what I did in this case. However, the final cigar which I did the review on, was pretty much a dud so this might be a bit short and sweet.

A. Appearance 6
Lumpy, moderately veiny, the wrapper is a medium brown with some minor flaws. The prelight smell is a pleasant, mild tobacco. When I scored and cut the cap, the filler looked pretty cheap.

B. Taste 6
Upon firing it up, this thing smacked me in the face with hot spicyness...which completely subsided only minutes later. Medium bodied, kind of bland tobacco taste...not bad, a decent yard gar. Nothing complex or wooing.

C. Construction/Performance 5
I had burn issues from the off. The ash was so loose and flaky that it fell apart constantly. The draw was loose and had a tendancy to tunnel. The smoke volume was moderate but I had to stay on it to keep it lit. Had to relight several times and this was stored properly for a while...66/66.

Score: 6+6+(1.5)5=5.57

jrvaluenic300.jpg

jrval.jpg

jrnic300.jpg

Final thoughts:
I believe there are better yard gars to be had.