• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Veritas 'Three Blends' - Anyone Here Tried This Cigar?

stogie fan

Just wondering if any CP members have tried the Veritas 'Three Blends' cigar?

I discovered this cigar by accident, then located several positive reviews.
This cigar has three different wrapper leaves, with a total of eight different tobaccos that make up the completed blend.

Anyone here with any experience with this blend & very unique vitola?

this 2017 'blind review' of the Veritas Three Blends is pretty interesting; five folks combined for the review total score of 89.2

From what I can locate the tobaccos used for the blend are as follows.
Wrapper: USA Connecticut shade, Ecuadorian Habano, USA Pennsylvania Maduro
Binder: Mexican San Andres
Filler: Nicaraguan Condega, Estelí, Jalapa, Ometepe

Here is a short description of the cigar.
Vitola: 6×54, exclusive combination corona/box press
A smooth corona cap that tapers into a beautiful boxed press foot. The corona cap makes the cigar easy on the mouth, while the boxed press intensifies the smoke and the flavors. The flavor starts off peppery, but transitions to a sweet, dried fruit, followed by a creamy, sweet smoke.

Never heard of them but they look cool!

I've never been a 'real' fan of the whole barber pole concept; it seems a bit gimmicky.

I have been through a few boxes of the Quesada Reserva Privada barber pole cigars, and with some age they have been surprisingly good.

This Veritas Three Blends cigar has got my attention, now that I have finally smoked one, yesterday evening.

So, I have had this box of Veritas Three Blend for only <2 weeks, smoked one pretty much right after they arrived, and I decided to enjoy a second one this evening.
I have always had the idea that 'barber pole' type cigars are quite gimmicky but when I spotted these I just had to give them a try, and I'm glad I did.
The first one of these I tried about a week & a half ago I was thinking, wow, there is something different going on here; I like it!! :D
How could it not be, with eight different type leaves in the blend?
When I fired up the second one this evening I was thinking, wow, this is even better than the one I had ~10 days ago; how could that be? :confused:

So, about 1 hour 50 minutes in the flavor profile drastically changed. o_O I discovered there is a particular construction feature on this cigar that (now) obviously enhances the entire flavor profile of the cigar. Because of this construction feature I am now inclined to believe that my idea that the 'barber pole' concept may actually be a gimmick. That's a guess but it's an educated guess aka a theory.

One of the two below pics demonstrate the construction feature I am speaking of being present.
The other photo demonstrates the same construction feature missing aka it's gone.
If any CP member wants to guess what that construction feature is, and makes the correct guess, I will gladly send that member a Veritas Three Blends, free of charge, postage paid, and I will gladly include a few other goodies as a bonus. :D

The clue is right there, in the two photos.
The first CP member to make the correct guess is surly welcome to one of these interesting cigars, and what ever else I include in the 'bomb.'

here at 50 minutes
# 1 vtb 55.jpg

here at 1 hour 50 minutes
# 1 VTB 110.jpg

Looks like they placed a wad of tobacco that burned with a green ash in the 1st 3rd and left it out after that, changing the taste profile after the green ash stuff was gone.

I dont think this is what you mean but One has way more Maduro wrapper it looks like

Did you cut the cap of more in the bottom pic?

In the past I have tried the punch thing & the V cutter thing too but I have been using a straight cutter now for years.
Bad thing about using a straight cutter is it can remove a good portion of the cap on a lot of smokes; it even removes the entire cap on some cigars.

The cap became quite wet & started to come off, I was attempting to wrap it back around the cigar, and it actually came completely off at the 1 hour 50 minute mark. In the bottom pic the cap is completely gone. This is one particular cigar that IMO needs to be V cut, or use a punch.
So, based on your post we have a winner. :)

Shoot me your shipping address in a PM & I'll mail you one of the Three Blends, and a few other sticks.
In your PM, lemme know if you have a preference for certain blends, brands, etc., and I'll see what I can include that you might like.
Congrats on your cap guess. :D

Last edited:
In the past I have tried the punch thing & the V cutter thing too but I have been using a straight cutter now for years.
Bad thing about using a straight cutter is it can remove a good portion of the cap on a lot of smokes; it even removes the entire cap on some cigars.

The cap became quite wet & started to come off, I was attempting to wrap it back around the cigar, and it actually came completely off at the 1 hour 50 minute mark. In the bottom pic the cap is completely gone. This is one particular cigar that IMO needs to be V cut, or use a punch.
So, based on your post we have a winner. :)

Shoot me your shipping address in a PM & I'll mail you one of the Three Blends, and a few other sticks.
In your PM, lemme know if you have a preference for certain blends, brands, etc., and I'll see what I can include that you might like.
Congrats on your cap guess. :D
Whaaa? Haha hell yeah man thank you! That was a total shot in the dark lol