• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very Disappointed

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
My issue of Cigar Aficionado arrived today, and as I was looking through it, every cigar ad had a rather large Surgeon General Warning on it. How far is this going to go? Why aren't there warnings on the alcohol ads too? Double standards? Hmm... Anyways, I just wanted to express my displeasure with the SG Warnings. It's too bad a private publication like CA is forced to display such ads. It's one thing if these warnings are displayed on billboards, but in a user-subscribed publication???

CA stinks anyway , I think I saw one or two cigar articles
in the year I subscribed

Went to my local shop on Saturday and was in the humidor checking out the new arrivals. The owner had just received a large order of Excaliburs and Excal. 1066. On each box was a large white label with the SG message. What a crock.

Shadow,As long as it was a label we can peel off. I just hope they don't print right on the box. They probably already have started that too...

Rod you are right about the SG warnings in the CA mag, but did you read the article starting on 214? This article reminded me of our own MEL! Even names his sticks
"Virginia Blue"! Must be something about Blue when you grow and roll your own tabacco huh? Mel... Let's hear your story in the CP news letter brother! Serious!

Just bought a box of Don Carlos Reserva #4. They had the warning inside the box printed on a sticker. I am very glad that it was on a sticker. Now I won't have to look at it every time I open the cabinet.