• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinotemp Shelving Help

Smoking Mex

Fuma Lo Que Te Gusta
I had a great Father's Day weekend the Lakers won, Tiger is in a Monday playoff, won a few Poker games as well. That was not even the best part my kids made me some great cards, and my wife buys me a 28 count Vinotemp that was really unexpected. After much pondering and in talking to my wife she thinks it would make a great Wine-O-Dor, now comes the tough part I am not very handy with wood, and my tool collection is almost non-existant.

I guess what I am trying to say is anyone here willing to help build me some or give me some pointers? I would like them made out of cedar? I would like 2-3 drawers and maybe a shelf or two. I know this is asking a lot but any help would be greatly and handsomely rewarded.

Signed,

Completly Clueless With Regards To Woodworking. :laugh:

Not to hijack your thread, but the Lakers did not win squat! It's still 3-2 sir! :D

On the same note, I am also looking for two shelves for my 28-count vinotemp which I just picked up @ target. I know there are a few people on CP that make really quality shelves... If anyone's got the time to spare, I'd be interested in the ~price for two! I too am completely ignorant when it comes to woodworking, so I do not even know the ballpark range for this kind of work.

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a PM :thumbs: Thanks!

/Thread hijack over.

Not to hijack your thread, but the Lakers did not win squat! It's still 3-2 sir! :D

On the same note, I am also looking for two shelves for my 28-count vinotemp which I just picked up @ target. I know there are a few people on CP that make really quality shelves... If anyone's got the time to spare, I'd be interested in the ~price for two! I too am completely ignorant when it comes to woodworking, so I do not even know the ballpark range for this kind of work.

/Thread hijack over.

Yeah... Ya kinda did jack his thread. Oh well.

Hope "Opus Mex" gets his shelving after this threadjacking... :sign:

/Thread hijack over.

It all good that is why I said "pack your bags and Champangne boys" cause it did you no good here. :thumbs: When and if the time comes the proper Congratulations will be given until them as you so eloquently put it "It's still 3-2" :laugh:

As for Jonathan thank you kindly my Bro, I think I will be taken care of very soon. :thumbs: Again this is an awsome place and I am glad to be a part of it.

/Thread hijack over.

It all good that is why I said "pack your bags and Champangne boys" cause it did you no good here. :thumbs: When and if the time comes the proper Congratulations will be given until them as you so eloquently put it "It's still 3-2" :laugh:

As for Jonathan thank you kindly my Bro, I think I will be taken care of very soon. :thumbs: Again this is an awsome place and I am glad to be a part of it.

Apologies Smoking Mex,

I didn't realize that asking in the same thread was really poor form of me. If I had known, I would have opened my own thread or waited... I am really sorry, I hope that does not reflect poorly on my character, I thought the threadjack would be in humorous or good taste, and prevent opening another thread or spamming inboxes, but I can now see my error in judgment. Rookie mistake, I'll try to avoid these circumstances in the future!

Sorry again to Smoking Mex! :(

/Thread hijack over.

Apologies Smoking Mex,

I didn't realize that asking in the same thread was really poor form of me. If I had known, I would have opened my own thread or waited... I am really sorry, I hope that does not reflect poorly on my character, I thought the threadjack would be in humorous or good taste, and prevent opening another thread or spamming inboxes, but I can now see my error in judgment. Rookie mistake, I'll try to avoid these circumstances in the future!

Sorry again to Smoking Mex! :(

Hey Brother no need to apologze this thread has all been in fun, and no offense or crime has been committed. Err I better check with the law, Jonanthan would you care to chime in ??? :laugh: Seriously though I have two great guys who have been so generous in offering their services, and now it is just a matter of making a very tough decision. Which ever way I decide to go I will be happy, and my Vinotemp will look bad ass stay tuned for pictures. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Adrian

Hey Brother no need to apologze this thread has all been in fun, and no offense or crime has been committed. Err I better check with the law, Jonanthan would you care to chime in ??? :laugh: Cheers,
Adrian

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!! :sign: :sign: :sign:

I like Rob, he seems like a good fella...

Here's to seeing your Vino all decked out brother. When we herfin'?

what kind of help do you need?

1) Make sure you air it out first for several days...preferably with some baking soda smeared on the plastic (it'll help absorb some of that plasticky smell

2) take out all but 2 racks...

3) use heartfelt beads (you knew that)

4) use a separate hygrometer/temperature gauge (the digital one on the wine fridge sucks)

5) you really don't need cedar racks (they tend to bend and warp over time)

6) use a plastic 3-ring binder separator to channel the water drippings to your beads
(I don't do this...I use 2-gallon zip-lock bags instead to protect my boxes near to the back)

7) on hot days, you'll need to set the temp all the way down (you'll start to get the hang of adjusting it)

8) try to keep the fridge in a cool place as well, with lots of ventilation