• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

W. The movie

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
A couple of friends talked me into seeing W. this weekend. For those of you who have not heard of the movie, it's about George W. Bush. While I am a hardcore Democrat, I do not believe this was a "left wing nut job" movie, (as some of my Republican friends have said). It had a fairly good story, and while I know some of it to be true, just from my own knowledge of Bush's history, I am also sure 40% to 50% of the movie is fiction. It told about conversations between Bush and his father, along with other characters, that in no way have ever been discussed public.

I thought it was a good movie. After I walked out, I turned to my Republican friends and told them, "Hell, maybe one of you jackasses could be president,". If you knew about Bush's younger life, you would understand what I was referring to. ;)

I share your politcal leanings, but there's no way this is not going to become political.

Doc.

Having never read anything about W that didn't have a political spin on it i'm going to see the movie, if anything just to get a couple of yucks. :)

M.....U......S.......T

N.....O.....T

R
E
A
D

M
O
R
E

I thought it was a good movie. After I walked out, I turned to my Republican friends and told them, "Hell, maybe one of you jackasses could be president,". If you knew about Bush's younger life, you would understand what I was referring to. ;)
You assume the movie is based in fact. Given Oliver Stone's past, I think you assume a lot.....

No way would I even bother ..... same as the movies from that ugly fat slob whose name starts with M. If I want to see crap, I'll go look on my lawn ... my neighbor has 2 big labs.

Let's stop, right now. This thread should have never been started.

Doc.

I know how to save it. The guy who plays George Tenet smokes either a Tatuaje East Side or West Side in one scene.

I'm not one of w's biggest fans but I'm just not so sure that Stone is capable of making an unbiased movie

I know how to save it. The guy who plays George Tenet smokes either a Tatuaje East Side or West Side in one scene.

Just got home from seeing it tonight. When I saw that Tatuaje on the desk I turned to my friend and said Tatuaje! all loud in the theater haha.

Took my girl out to the movies to see a different film just so it might open higher than W. I will never pay to see it.

Let's see. "I'm a die hard democrat" and "maybe one of you (republican)jackasses can be president". How did you not think this would become political, seems like you had already added the fuel, just needed someone to drop the match...

I'm writing in Doc this year ;)

You assume the movie is based in fact. Given Oliver Stone's past, I think you assume a lot.....
I said only 40% - 50% of the movie is probably true. I've read a lot about Bush in his younger years, and yes, there was a great deal of true things in that part.

He sure was. I thought that was pretty cool. Usually you can't see the bands in movies, but it was nice and clear.

Let's see. "I'm a die hard democrat" and "maybe one of you (republican)jackasses can be president". How did you not think this would become political, seems like you had already added the fuel, just needed someone to drop the match...
It was a joke, that I said to my friends. They knew I meant nothing by it. It wasn't directed at anyone here. Please, stop taking apart my post. No flame wars please. :)

Is it any good?
If the movie were totally fiction, I would still think it was a good movie. I enjoyed it. :thumbs:

you said you didn't want it to get political, yet you injected 2 partisan comments :rolleyes: