• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Walking Stick Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon~

This is a newish Buffalo Trace product my local Spec's guy recommended highly, and I have to say, I'm impressed.  On the first sip my immediate thought was  . . . . Stagg!

Now, no, it's not Stagg.  The char isn't nearly as deep, the flavors as intense, or the proof as high.  It is not the "Bourbon of the Gods." But damn . . . it is definitely a member of the family.  I have to think that the grain bills must be nearly identical, and that this one has just enough age on it to develop that char flavor I love the Stagg so much for.

Wonderful bourbon. I got my bottle on a "Spec's Key" discount for $39.

B62270.jpg

~Boar

The bottle looks identical to the Stagg bottles.  I'm curious if this is different in any way from some of their other offerings.  Thanks for the tip, Boar.  Gotta go read up on it...

It's definitely a Stagg Jr. bottle, and the non-sale price point is about the same.  It does make me wonder if it's a single barrel bottling of Stagg Jr!

~Boar

Not A Nice Person said:
It's definitely a Stagg Jr. bottle, and the non-sale price point is about the same.  It does make me wonder if it's a single barrel bottling of Stagg Jr!

~Boar
Man that sounds good.  I'll have to keep a look out.

I recently popped a bottle of Russells Reserve Single Barrel.  It comes in at 110 proof and is damn good bourbon.  

Hmmmm, I am intrigued.  I will give it a go if I see it.

Going to the Buffalo Trace for a wedding in November.  I'm so excited!

I shall have to find it somewhere to give it a try.

I was in Specs a few months ago looking for a bottle of Blanton's of course they were out, so I picked up a bottle of this. It was a little harsh, but in a really good way. I'll defiantly take it to the deer lease come winter.

I do like my bourbon a little . . . muscular.  ;)

That kind of tells me where to place Blanton's (which I haven't been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on yet) in the spectrum, though.  Good to know!

~Boar