• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Waxingmoon Humidors

SLRME

I hope it's not too soon to ask such a question. I'm in the market for a 150-180 count Humidor. I came across Waxingmoon Humidors on the web and am seriously considering investing in one. Does anyone here own a Waxingmoon Humidor? I'm far from an expert on Humidors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

since your a member here, I would say a coolidor would be the best bet :whistling:

I'll say it first, Unless you just want something asthetically pleasing, I would build a coolidor and save the rest of your budget for cigars!! When I first started in this hobby 3 years ago I thought I had to have a nice humidor to show off in the house. Now, the 150ct that I bought for $200, is packed and I have a coolidor stacked with boxes. If I had to do it over again, I wouldnt have wasted the money on the nice humidor. It sits in a drawer in my office and nobody but me sees it. The coolidor cost me a total of $40 to set up. Leaving a nice little budget to buy a box Padron X000 series.

Edit: Backside, you beat me to it!! :laugh:

I took a look at Waxingmoon's website. The humidors look very nice. The question you have to ask yourself is: Am I looking for a place to store my cigar's? (or) Am I looking for a new piece of furniture? If the former, than a coolidor is all you need. If the latter, a custom made humidor (while expensive) might make you a lot more happy than buying from a warehouse. Note: A custom wood worker should give you more confidence that the wood they claim they have used in construction, is actually the wood you get.

I will vouch for Waxing Moon, Ed is a great BOTL and builds some beautiful very high quality boxes. I have a beautiful high quality box that he made to my custom specs. I told my close friend and neighbor about them and he is also very satisfied with his box. The coolidor is a great option too it all depends on what you like and your budget, however you can feel very confident in buying a quality box from Ed At Waxing Moon.

since your a member here, I would say a coolidor would be the best bet :whistling:

Thanks for the quick responce. I'll look in it.

I'll say it first, Unless you just want something asthetically pleasing, I would build a coolidor and save the rest of your budget for cigars!! When I first started in this hobby 3 years ago I thought I had to have a nice humidor to show off in the house. Now, the 150ct that I bought for $200, is packed and I have a coolidor stacked with boxes. If I had to do it over again, I wouldnt have wasted the money on the nice humidor. It sits in a drawer in my office and nobody but me sees it. The coolidor cost me a total of $40 to set up. Leaving a nice little budget to buy a box Padron X000 series.

Edit: Backside, you beat me to it!! :laugh:

Thanks. After 4 innings it's Coolidor 2, Humidor 2.

I will vouch for Waxing Moon, Ed is a great BOTL and builds some beautiful very high quality boxes. I have a beautiful high quality box that he made to my custom specs. I told my close friend and neighbor about them and he is also very satisfied with his box. The coolidor is a great option too it all depends on what you like and your budget, however you can feel very confident in buying a quality box from Ed At Waxing Moon.

Cool. Good to know. My wife loves wood, oh and she like humidors too. I do like the idea of a quality wood worked piece. The coolidor idea sounds great but I've got more room for a humidor in the living space of my home than I have room in my garage or closets for yet another igloo or giant tupperware container.

He has a foot locker thats 30(W) x 14(D) x16(H) for $275 looks nice and big i am thinking about grabbing one.

Everyone needs a pretty humidor to smoke out of as well as 4 or 5 coolidors to store and age boxes.:laugh: So get both. I don't know anything about Waxingmoon, but Arlin Liss is well thought of throughout the cigar community.

Doc.

Waxing Moon is a member here, though I don't think he has been around in a couple months. I vote for both as well. Get a cooler, then get a desktop humi.

Waxing Moon is a member here, though I don't think he has been around in a couple months. I vote for both as well. Get a cooler, then get a desktop humi.

Yes he is, and he's been a fine member since coming here and is always open to suggestions. I figure you can't go wrong with trying out his product. Let us know ow it goes and what you decide.

I know I just joined here about 10 minutes ago, but I just ran across this thread and thought I should reply.

I have two of WaxingMoon (Ed's) humidors. They are great and very well made. For a custom made humidor, Ed is hard to beat in value and quality.

Coolidors are a great way to go for many people. But I prefer display pieces for most of my collection - thus humidors fit better for me.

Bottom line from me, a humidor built by Ed will last you a lifetime and will not break the bank. I highly recommend him if that is the way you go.

Steve

Cool. Good to know. My wife loves wood, oh and she like humidors too. I do like the idea of a quality wood worked piece. The coolidor idea sounds great but I've got more room for a humidor in the living space of my home than I have room in my garage or closets for yet another igloo or giant tupperware container.
???

Just a heads up about waxing moon. He has been known not to pay his bills. He skipped town and owes me $100 bucks. I embroidered a doxen hats and was never paid. and will not get back to me about it. just saying

Just a heads up about waxing moon. He has been known not to pay his bills. He skipped town and owes me $100 bucks. I embroidered a doxen hats and was never paid. and will not get back to me about it. just saying
Was this deal done on a forum or locally?

Every cigar smoker needs a nice humi (and those are nice). But once you fill it up............coolerdor all the way! :thumbs:

Was this deal done on a forum or locally?

Sounds like locally. Interesting, how much does he owe you?

While known for his cabinets, don't forget that Bob Staebell makes some beautiful desktops as well. Here's a link to his desktop humidor page.

I'm biased because I have one of Bob's wonderful cabinets. Honestly, between him and Arlin Liss, I'd think you could find anything you want. Both these guys have been around for years, doing fine work for the community. Easy to recommend either one of them.

Coolers are perfect storage, cheap to set up, but they don't look very pretty. I had five coolers up and running before I moved my collection into my Staebell cabinet. A beautiful desktop and a cooler or two for aging / bulk storage makes sense to me. My preference was to have everything in one place; only one humi to maintian. To each his own, as they say...

Cheers - B.B.S.