• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

We Have Lost Another CigarPass Brother

jfields

Where did all my money go?
Just found out that Doug Thompson @duglynukem passed away on Sunday. Doug is another brother that I interacted with on a regular basis, but had never met up with to share a cigar with him. Thought we were going to meet up in July 2019 when we flew to Florida for vacation, only to be reminded how big Florida is. We were 8 hours away from each other. 😂 He was a solid guy, loved his family, and loved his wife Paula for sure....
I’m not sure what happened. He beat pancreatic cancer a few years back, and still enjoyed a few cigars a week last we spoke.

Damn 2020 has sucked!
RIP Doug. He will be missed.

Paul

Damn, I just talked with him recently... RIP brother...

This was our recent conversation:

Hi Bill, it has been a tough year for us. I usually don’t share this because it’s such a “downer” but three years ago I was pronounced cancer free after almost a year of chemo, surgery and radiation for pancreatic cancer. This past May the cancer came back and I’m going through all the same crap as before. Consequently my smoking has tapered off to nothing. On a positive note it does give my cigars a chance to age.

I really appreciated the opportunity to get the aged sticks from you.

Rest in peace Doug, you will definitely be missed....... ❤

I remember him talking about his boat not terribly long ago. Absolutely horrible. :(

Damn, I just talked with him recently... RIP brother...

This was our recent conversation:

Hi Bill, it has been a tough year for us. I usually don’t share this because it’s such a “downer” but three years ago I was pronounced cancer free after almost a year of chemo, surgery and radiation for pancreatic cancer. This past May the cancer came back and I’m going through all the same crap as before. Consequently my smoking has tapered off to nothing. On a positive note it does give my cigars a chance to age.

I really appreciated the opportunity to get the aged sticks from you.
That’s what I was thinking. He never gave me any indication he was going through it again. I’m surprised he didn’t mention to me it had come back, but I’m not surprised. I had to more or less pry it out of him the first time what was wrong. He was very private about it.

I remember him being all excited about bombing you with a shipment of wine in early 2019. How time flies.....

Sheesh, I'm sad to hear this. He'll definitely be missed and I'll miss seeing his pictures of him smoking in Florida or on his boat.

Doug was a solid brother, he will be missed. I did not think he would have been gone so fast, he had told me that the cancer was back and that he was focusing on his health. RIP, yes 2020 has been one effed up year!

I'm very sad to hear this. Doug was always there with a word of encouragement, he'll be missed.

This is very sad!!! I did have the opportunity to have a smoke with Doug when he was in Nebraska working on shutting down our nuclear power plant due to flooding. He is an awesome brother and is going to be missed!