• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well damn!

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
I’ve spent the past 10 minutes trying to think of a funny post about receiving a package from @jfields box code contests which was handed down from the rightful winner, Bill. (Thank you so much my friend!)

I’ve reached the conclusion that in this scenario, a joke would take away from the gratitude I would like to express! John, This package has absolutely blown me away. At the risk of saying too much, these are definitely once in a lifetime type smokes for me. I’m beyond excited and SO grateful for the opportunity.

What an amazing community. I feel truly blessed to be here.

Nicely said and very gracious of Bill. You two are great brothers.

Awesome! Your appreciation means so much to me Hayden! Remember, even though special, they are only cigars and meant to be smoked. Don’t wait for some super special occasion to smoke them. Just that you have the time to show them the attention they deserve. Tomorrow is never guaranteed! 😉

Awesome! Your appreciation means so much to me Hayden! Remember, even though special, they are only cigars and meant to be smoked. Don’t wait for some super special occasion to smoke them. Just that you have the time to show them the attention they deserve. Tomorrow is never guaranteed! 😉

I hate to say this, John, but I do think there is value in saving "special" cigars for special occasions.

Many years ago I held on to some cigars that were sent to me upon my retirement from a very generous brother on this board (very near and dear to you as well). I thought about smoking them at the time (cigars are meant to be smoked!), but for some strange reason I just tucked them away in my coolidor for a non-designated "special" occasion. When I learned of his passing, I immediately broke out that box and lit one up in his honor. And every so often afterwards, when I was feeling a bit melancholy, I would break out another. In one instance, I even shared one of those cigars with someone that was going through a bit of a tough time. As we smoked I fondly recounted stories of my friend who gave them to me.

Unfortunately I have now smoked all of those cigars - but still fondly think about "Brain" (Brian) and his tremendous generosity, his cool composure and his love of life. I hope he continues to smile on our community and enjoys that we're still thinking of him!

Smoke those cigars on your terms! And I hope when you do, you enjoy them for the right reasons!!!

Oh I agree 100% George! But when I say don’t hold them for some “super special occasion”, I mean don’t hold on to something for when your now three year old daughter graduates from college, or gets married. A lot of people get special cigars like that and get that “If I smoke it, I won’t have that special cigar anymore” mentality. That’s all I meant. I’m sure Brian knew you smoked those cigars, but wouldn’t it have been great to tell him how much they meant while he was still around at the same time.
Retired? I thought you were still in your 30’s? 😂

Speaking of Brian Wasserman, PM me your address, I want to send you something he would want you to have.
Are you kidding, light the fugger up now to celebrate life.

Who are you keeping them for, your son? They will taste like shit in 15 to 25 years time.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian

Last edited:
Oh I agree 100% George! But when I say don’t hold them for some “super special occasion”, I mean don’t hold on to something for when your now three year old daughter graduates from college, or gets married. A lot of people get special cigars like that and get that “If I smoke it, I won’t have that special cigar anymore” mentality. That’s all I meant. I’m sure Brian knew you smoked those cigars, but wouldn’t it have been great to tell him how much they meant while he was still around at the same time.
Retired? I thought you were still in your 30’s? 😂

Speaking of Brian Wasserman, PM me your address, I want to send you something he would want you to have.
Hate to say it - I have a few goodies I’ve stashed away fir a “super special” event. Hoping to light up the Avo LE05 I saved from when I handed them out when my first grandchild was born. Plan to light it up when she graduates college or gets married - whichever comes first! 😁

I only have 2 cigars that I have been saving, and what's funny is that they are really just throw aways at best yard gars. Bacarat Connecticut cheapies a friend bought a box when we celebrated my first born. I never had the heart to tell him they are just a bit above grenadiers. But I kept 2 of them and plan on giving one to my boy when he's old enough to enjoy his first smoke with his old man.

My second child never got cigars. So I'll make him a whiskey and stash that away for 20 or so years.