• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well it is official!

bilder

Well as some of you know I took an early out offer with the airline I work for. I have been given my official final day of December 19th. A couple weeks earlier than I wanted, but it is a nice Christmas present and I will not complain. Reality is starting to kick in now. A bit scared for the future, but more excited at the prospect of what lay ahead. Kids are stoked that my last day of work will be their last day of school before Christmas break.

Now to find the proper smoke to enjoy on my first day of freedom....

Congrats and good luck! Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, before they shoot you with it!

I think you did the right thing.

Take some time off until next year then start the job hunt. Good luck.

Same kind of thing happened to my father in law a few years back. He's healthier, happier, and more involved with the family than ever before. He says it was one of the best things to ever happen to him. Without the offer he probably would have worked until he dropped dead at the office. Now he works a different job with much less stress and more free time.

Best of luck to you. :thumbs:

I have about 7 weeks of being an unemployed bum before I head to North Carolina for auctioneer school for 10 days. Not sure what I am looking forward to more, auctioneer school or being able to visit a JR Cigar store in person.

I am starting a small vending business, so I will not be completely out of work. Just will be working for myself rather than punching the ol' time clock like I have for the last 14 years.

Vendor business and Auctioneer school huh?

I was kinda thinking you might be an Ice trucker. I was looking forward to watching you on TV trying to keep your pipe lit while having a broken heater and your door ajar in case you had to bail all while driving the wrong direction in a blizzard :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Auctioneer school sounds very cool. I owned a small car dealership for a few years, and every time I went to the auction I thought it looked like a great gig. Are you planning to do a specific type of auction, or going to work for an auction company that works the gambit?

Same kind of thing happened to my father in law a few years back. He's healthier, happier, and more involved with the family than ever before. He says it was one of the best things to ever happen to him. Without the offer he probably would have worked until he dropped dead at the office. Now he works a different job with much less stress and more free time.

Best of luck to you. :thumbs:
I second this opinion, Bastige has the perfect outlook, more pay for less work. There was a time when people worked to live not live to work.

I hope you enjoy the time off with your family and find something bigger and better when its time.