• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well it was only a matter of time.....

Greggj77

Well needless to say I have now crossed over to humi # 2. Funny how this hobby will grab you!

I remember when I picked the 150ct I did so thinking it would be difficult to fill and would be more than enough. How naive we are in our cigar youth. :)

So how many humi's do you guys have or what count? Right now I have a 150ct and just picked up a 75 from a friend in a trade. He was upsizing as well.

I have only been seriously collecting for about 18mos. Should be interesting to see what my wallet and humis look like in another 18mos :) :D

I vaguely remember a time I had 175 cigars to choose from. Now I have 175 cigars in my dressing room just cause I'm lazy to walk
downstairs to my humi's who almost have a room of their own.

Oh yes, it ain't no miniature train hobby, or golf, or cd collection. It can break your balls and fug up your marriage if you don't have a
stable one to start. Dude, if you are still here by 2009, your 150 + 75 count will also be in your bedroom. and if your wife doesn't love you now,
you may have a new one that does by then.

Brian

I vaguely remember a time I had 175 cigars to choose from. Now I have 175 cigars in my dressing room just cause I'm lazy to walk
downstairs to my humi's who almost have a room of their own.

Oh yes, it ain't no miniature train hobby, or golf, or cd collection. It can break your balls and fug up your marriage if you don't have a
stable one to start. Dude, if you are still here by 2009, your 150 + 75 count will also be in your bedroom. and if your wife doesn't love you now,
you may have a new one that does by then.

Brian

LMAO the whole time I was reading this Brian. :laugh:

I'm on humidor #5 plus a 120qt coolidor, and my second wife who laughs at me like I'm a little kid sometimes, but she loves my passion for my hobby.

Brian,

That one got a nice belly laugh. Thanks for the 1st chuckle of the day :)

Message received, I just buckled up my seatbelt! Should be an interesting and enjoyable ride.

The marriage is all good but Humi's in a dressing room sound very tempting... I do have a deck off my bedroom! Maybe the 75 will go upstairs! HAHA!! I think I may be in trouble... :whistling:

A 30 count desktop turned into a 150 count desktop which turned into one, then two, then three, then four coolers, which turned into a Staebell cabinet.....and it's almost full.... :laugh:

Guilty as charged - B.B.S.

Oh boy!! and I assumed we all bought our first humi with the naive notion that it would be more than enough, huh! :laugh:

1 150Ct Humi, 1 40QT cooler (thought that would be enough), 1 100QT cooler that is filling too fast.

Keith

I started with a 100 count in June, filled it up and bought a 300 count, which is now full and was full before it was even shipped to me :( Now gotta go buy me a wine cooler to build a coolerdor!!!!

Edit: Cause I cannot count

Maybe it's just me because I'm so new to this and haven't really started spending major bucks yet, but I don't think I'll ever run into this problem. Whenever I go to the B&M, I buy 4 or 5 cigars and store them in my roommate's humidor, and they're gone within a week. Something tells me that a lot of people started out like this, and in a year I'll be looking back at this post and laughing at how naive I was. ???

Someone should quote that post for ya for a few months from now :) It is a funny little addiction!

1 300ct, 1 100ct, 1 48qt coolidor....and 1 VERY wonderful wife! ;)

My first humi was a 150ct gift from the wife. That filled up when some VERY generous BOTLs thought my collection was to small and decided to hit me with a Mega-Bomb. So I upgraded to a 48qt cooler and haven't looked back since. It is true though, if you don't have a strong wife you should really think about divorce because this evil hobby takes over...

A 30 count desktop turned into a 150 count desktop which turned into one, then two, then three, then four coolers, which turned into a Staebell cabinet.....and it's almost full.... :laugh:

Guilty as charged - B.B.S.

Same story, different BOTL. :cool:

I remember my first cooler. I was overwhelmed with all the space i had compared to my 2 little 50ct desktops. Yeah, that didn't last but a few months and i was playing box tetris in no time. Coolers have a habit of multiplying like rabbits. When i finally built my cabinet, i had one cooler of the "forbidden" stuff, one for super premiums and one for daily smokers. The cabinet is much more satisfying (easier to manage, easier to access and much better looking).

My advice? Just get a cabinet (or make one) and call it good. :laugh:

I can see how this can happen so quickly, My next box purchase or split will put me past controlling the DT humi's and into cooler land.

the only thing that I can equate this habbit to is a snowball rolling down a steep hill snagging up all the good smokes it can find. All this while constantly picking up momentum and no end of the hill even remotely in sight. What a ride!

My only problem, is I am the same way with wine. Maybe I will have to pawn / blame the wine collection on my wife and start taking that out of her budget!!

Either way life is too short "if you got em, smoke em, drink em and enjoy every minute of em"

This is out of control. My credit card is burning up. Started with a 100 ct. Desktop in June and just started my 2nd 50 qt. Coolerador.

I had to put myself on "on-line purchase" probation until '08. Now, just the local B&Ms gets my business. I always felt like I was cheating on them when I would walk in for 1 or 2 sticks while 40 smokes were en route from an internet purveyor. This is for the better anyway, as I'll buy a couple, smoke one there, and still add to the ever voracious box at home. My humidor actually snaps at me with its big mouth when I try to take from it without leaving a couple tobacco treats. Two for the box; one for me.

I have two 25 ct and one 150 ct humidors. None is full right now, but I anticipate them getting there real fast. I'm trying to figure out my next move right now.

I started off with a 50 ct. humi, graduated to a 125 count, then 12 bottle Haier, followed closely with a 24 count Haier and a locker at the local B&M. It seems I have a compulsion to make sure everything is full, so I've instead gotten rid of the 50 count and the locker and consolidated everything into the wine coolers and the 125 count. I had absolutely no room left and the compulsion to buy soon dissipated. :) This worked for a couple of months until all the damn smoking and gifting created a bunch of holes in my containers and suddenly the buying started up again. :( Even worse, now my vendor offers free storage. :0 I just started using this service and since there's no limit to how much I can store with them, I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of this compulsion to buy.