• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wet behind the ears

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
Ok so I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to cigars but I am learning tons from this site so maybe I am a slight step above that now. I have a question for you guys who "know people". Every year I go to Denver, CO to visit a friend and there is a cigar shop there that the guy rolls his own cigars and goes to Dom. Rep. to get the tobacco himself. I won't list the name so my question doesn't look like an ad.

My question is do you guys find yourself liking cigars that are rolled by someone you have met or associate with more just because you know them? Two years ago I had these and thought they were the most amazing cigars ever, but I have learned so much since then that during my trip next week I am afraid I am going to be disappointed at the quality just because of the pedestal I put them on from knowing the owner.

Maybe a Stupid question but I am curious.

Smoke what you enjoy, and enjoy what you smoke. Every persons tasres are different.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I second that!
Eddie Ortega is a very good friend of mine, but if I didn't like/LOVE his new cigar I wouldn't smoke it. I got lucky because he put out a WONDERFUL cigar.

You also might find that what you like now you may not like later, your pallet changes. I can't smoke naturals anymore, but when I first started smoking I loved them.
Good luck and smoke what you like, don't worry what others, including us on this site, think.

I have smoked plenty of locally rolled cigars in several cities. I pretty much have been disappointed in most. You may have found a great roller with a great blend. You are going to have to be the judge of his sticks. Your taste will develop over the years and your choice of cigars most probably will change. Enjoy the cigars you smoke along the way, this is a culture that is everchanging. Keep tasting new products either on your own or through your friends recommendations. Smoke the ones that you stare at while smoking and having a big smile on your face. :D I do!

I have smoked plenty of locally rolled cigars in several cities. I pretty much have been disappointed in most.

This is kind of what I assumed, hopefully it'll be a good experience.

I think a large part of enjoying cigars is the environment your in, the story behind the cigar, the company you're with, etc. The atmosphere.

Hopefully the cigar will taste as special as the trip is to see old friends and enjoy something hand-made just for you. If not... just realize that tastes change and it's always good to try new things. :)

-John

I think a large part of enjoying cigars is the environment you in, the story behind the cigar, the company you're with, etc. The atmosphere.

Hopefully the cigar will taste as special as the trip is to see old friends and enjoy something hand-made just for you. If not... just realize that tastes change and it's always good to try new things. :)

-John

I love this.. That is exactly the attitude I am going to have thank you very much!!!

I think a large part of enjoying cigars is the environment your in, the story behind the cigar, the company you're with, etc. The atmosphere.

-John
I have to second this. I had some local hand rolled ones when I was in Key West. Not the best by far, but a fair smoke.
Being in the area and on vacation added to my enjoyment as I strolled Duval Street.
Try them and even though the cigar may not be extraordinary, being in the moment will be. Enjoy. :D